Am i asking to much for my cj5 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Am i asking to much for my cj5

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 11-24-2013, 05:50 AM   #16
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoC View Post
Clean nice looking jeep. Don't think the price is to far off for around here, I would expect to see something like that at 5k'ish asking. IMO this is the worst time of the year to sell what you have. Lower priced beaters used for deer camps sell faster now than nice jeeps. You target buyer for what you have is someone who is going to drive it around town or just play on the weekends with it. Those buyers are saving for Christmas now.

A few comments on your add..

Shorten it up with just the bare information like engine size, top, type of tranny, good condition and a price. That way you get more callers looking for additional information. More callers the better chance to convert one to a buyer. Granted you will burn some extra phone time but selling is about turning lookers in to buyers and the more that call the better chance you have.

Personally I don't like car adds that go in to great detail about what you did to it and how much you spent. To me that just says you have made up you mind on whats its worth and are not going to be willing to negotiate with me. Also when you start listing out a whole bunch of replaced this, fixed this, spent all this it will make some buyers move on believing it breaks down all the time. Once they call and you establish a little rapport there it nothing wrong about talking about "upgrades," just don't go in to all the time you spend and all the money you spent.

You didn't do it, but I think adds showing jeeps wheeling or all muddy say to a buyer I have beaten the snot out of it.

Good luck!
I mostly agree..besides you can write as much as you want in an ad, but I find that when people call on my rigs, they don't completely read the ad anyway. So when they do call, they ask all these dumb questions,which if they read the ad in the first place, they would have gotten their answer. This is mostly true on CL. I'd say no texting too. If people are serious about your Jeep they will call you. How many times have you had a whole conversation thru text about something your selling on CL and it gets nowhere? Nice Jeep Good Luck selling it.

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #17
Jack718
1972 CJ5 

Thanks for all the input guys. I kinda figured it was a bad time of the year to sell but I thought I would at be getting a little more interest. Guess I just gotta wait for the right person to come along.
Jack718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #18
G-FOURce

1986 CJ7 

Some credit unions will loan on antique vehicles. Mine will. Use "custom" over homemade. Also, dont be afraid to express the condition or functionality of items you think are excellent that you believe will interest sellers. And lastly, if the Jeep is in great condition, take bigger pictures. If you're taking exterior shots, take them late in the day as the lighhting just before dusk is optimal.
G-FOURce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
heffay
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-FOURce View Post
Some credit unions will loan on antique vehicles. Mine will. Use "custom" over homemade.
Most that I've encountered have a minimum value requirement for the vehicle. $10,000 seems to be the typical number.

"not all of New York is a city, just a very small portion."

I'm not that dense. But, as I don't know what part you're in, it was a consideration.
heffay is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.