Alternator noise and slight engine miss, related? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Alternator noise and slight engine miss, related?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
offroadz
1980 CJ7 

Alternator noise and slight engine miss, related?

I'm noticing the alternator doing a faint hum/purr noise on and off. Mixed in with that, the engine is doing a faint miss also.

I test the battery to see the voltage and it's holding at 14.4. Is AMPS a bigger factor in this(measuring output from alt) to determine if the 2 are related?

Also, what are some common issues that attribute to a miss on the 4.2 with fuel injection? I might be chasing something else besides the alt.

Thanks!!!!

offroadz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.