Alpine Lizard Build Project - Page 97 - JeepForum.com

 34Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1441 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
lucdog
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,781
your wedding

If Hutch and I make the wedding you won't have any problem recognizing us.



Attached Images
 

1957 WILLYS pickup,
1973 J 4000,
1978 CJ7 DD.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ.
lucdog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 PM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv
California people may call me a cry baby, but I had to register my OHVs (dirt bikes and a quad) today for the very first time in Nevada's history. The law was passed last year that all OHVs used in nevada must have an annual registration. This means I have to load up the bikes, take them to a certified DMV OHV check place (most OHV dealers are thus equipped), get my VIN, year, make, and model recorded, get that sheet motorized, pay for the notary, then send DMV a $20 check per OHV, then wait 30 days for my sticker... Annually. Nevada has changed so much in the last few years that she feels increasingly less like my home. Our state song states, "Home means Nevada to me." But those words are no longer true to me even though I've been here all my life. I guess most places change this much, but every year I seem to lose something I had as a kid that can't be replace.

Anyway, to the tune of roughly $120 a year, I can continue to enjoy Nevada's public land via OHV
That sucks the last 5(?) Atvs and dirt bikes had no numbers on them.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline  
post #1443 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Skerr
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: White Springs
Posts: 9,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
If Hutch and I make the wedding you won't have any problem recognizing us.

As the girl hangs her head in shame...

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline  
post #1444 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 PM
lucdog
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

As the girl hangs her head in shame...
This picture was taken at the "girls" wedding reception, and NO, neither of the 2 gentleman are me.

:-) the girl is my oldest daughter. I had on shorts, a polo and flip flops. Hey, we were in Alabama!

1957 WILLYS pickup,
1973 J 4000,
1978 CJ7 DD.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ.
lucdog is offline  
post #1445 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Skerr
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: White Springs
Posts: 9,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
This picture was taken at the "girls" wedding reception, and NO, neither of the 2 gentleman are me.

:-) the girl is my oldest daughter. I had on shorts, a polo and flip flops. Hey, we were in Alabama!
Just don't sport the purple thong....

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline  
post #1446 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,356
I like the idea of rotating the license plates hutch, too bad the stickers are peel proof, whatever that means.

So from what I gather, it won't be hard to miss bill or hutch because they'll be in jean skirts and white tshirts haha can't wait to see that!!

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #1447 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher

That sucks the last 5(?) Atvs and dirt bikes had no numbers on them.
Then they would charge you extra $$ to assign a VIN to each bike.

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #1448 of 4796 Old 07-10-2013, 11:56 PM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv

Then they would charge you extra $$ to assign a VIN to each bike.
That sucks. What if it is just used as like a farm Atv or somethin? Most of the **** I have gotten isn't even worth payin to tag. One Atv was free another $120 another $800 and my current one $1500. Dirbikes $100 $200 and $250 all no numbers but the bikes were made before there were numbers.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline  
post #1449 of 4796 Old 07-11-2013, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pitcher

That sucks. What if it is just used as like a farm Atv or somethin? Most of the **** I have gotten isn't even worth payin to tag. One Atv was free another $120 another $800 and my current one $1500. Dirbikes $100 $200 and $250 all no numbers but the bikes were made before there were numbers.
It wouldn't count if you used the on your prop, only public land like rec areas

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #1450 of 4796 Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 AM
8pitcher
Web Wheeler
 
8pitcher's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wellsville
Posts: 4,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv

It wouldn't count if you used the on your prop, only public land like rec areas
Yay no tags for me then.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline  
post #1451 of 4796 Old 07-11-2013, 08:00 AM
lucdog
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,781
My first ATV had a VIN # , they were '99's.

As well as my current 2, a '00 & 02. They all had titles too. The street/trail bike a friend had in '72 had a VIN number, I didn't see it, but it did have a license plate, so in Il. there had to be a VIN.

In Tennessee and Missouri one can buy a ATV without a title, you get a bill of sale. Still has a VIN.

I agree Daniel, the fee is BS, here I would gladly pay it to ride on state land. There is quite a bit of rideable state owned property, can't ride on any of it.
I pay $50 every 2 years for a state sticker for my boat to be able to use it on lakes and rivers. And a license plate for the trailer every year.

Guys who hunt have to buy a hunting license, be it Ducks, Deer , Fish....

Also in Illinois a FOID (firearm owners Identification) is required to buy any weapon or Ammunition, with the exception of pellet and BB guns or ammo.

So don't feel to bad, it could be worse in NV. The part that pisses me off is what to $ will be used for, you can bet it won't be trail Maintenance, or education for riders. Most likely some project to make a Politician look good.

On a good note, Concealed carry is now law in Illinois. The last of the 50 states to allow it. Chicago is pissed about this. Chicago Politicians apparently thought a CC would make things worse in Chicago. Stupid ********. There were 70 shootings in the big city with 12 of them fatal, over this past holiday weekend. I doubt any of the gun owners in these were good honest Citizens.

Here's a interesting fact I read a while back. 7 million weapons were smuggled into the USA from Mexico

1957 WILLYS pickup,
1973 J 4000,
1978 CJ7 DD.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ.
lucdog is offline  
post #1452 of 4796 Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog
My first ATV had a VIN # , they were '99's.

As well as my current 2, a '00 & 02. They all had titles too. The street/trail bike a friend had in '72 had a VIN number, I didn't see it, but it did have a license plate, so in Il. there had to be a VIN.

In Tennessee and Missouri one can buy a ATV without a title, you get a bill of sale. Still has a VIN.

I agree Daniel, the fee is BS, here I would gladly pay it to ride on state land. There is quite a bit of rideable state owned property, can't ride on any of it.
I pay $50 every 2 years for a state sticker for my boat to be able to use it on lakes and rivers. And a license plate for the trailer every year.

Guys who hunt have to buy a hunting license, be it Ducks, Deer , Fish....

Also in Illinois a FOID (firearm owners Identification) is required to buy any weapon or Ammunition, with the exception of pellet and BB guns or ammo.

So don't feel to bad, it could be worse in NV. The part that pisses me off is what to $ will be used for, you can bet it won't be trail Maintenance, or education for riders. Most likely some project to make a Politician look good.

On a good note, Concealed carry is now law in Illinois. The last of the 50 states to allow it. Chicago is pissed about this. Chicago Politicians apparently thought a CC would make things worse in Chicago. Stupid ********. There were 70 shootings in the big city with 12 of them fatal, over this past holiday weekend. I doubt any of the gun owners in these were good honest Citizens.

Here's a interesting fact I read a while back. 7 million weapons were smuggled into the USA from Mexico
I can't believe you just now have a CC law, that's rediculous!

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #1453 of 4796 Old 07-11-2013, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,356
Nevada is still fairly free compared to Cali and apparently Illinois, but it still hurts. Not because of the money, but mostly because we, like bill said, are going to produce a **** load of money for them to pay for the democratic party, or something else OHV users don't believe in

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #1454 of 4796 Old 07-15-2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Dadamsnv
Registered User
1977 CJ5 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Reno
Posts: 5,356
Bachelor party!

At sand mountain, both bikes are mine, but the dirt bike straight up kills on the mountain. It'll do anything. It was so empty out there that I rode miles if untracked sand in a sitting. It's glassy smooth! Much unlike a busy weekend.
Attached Images
 

I'm looking for a Scout II Dana 300. Drop me a line if you have any leads. Thanks
Dadamsnv is offline  
post #1455 of 4796 Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Skerr
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: White Springs
Posts: 9,495
Brings back memories of my DR250. What is it, the bike I mean? Never seen paddle tires on a bike! How's it ride? That would be fun, but I bet you eat sand for a couple of days!!

Kerrdog
Go Fish! <*////><

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome