Alpine Lizard Build Project - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Alpine Lizard Build Project

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #796
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

So DOF ( doctor of fish) Daniel, I presume this is a salt water tank?
:-)
Bill

1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #797
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog
So DOF ( doctor of fish) Daniel, I presume this is a salt water tank?
:-)
Bill
No sir, not enough $$
Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #798
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
I lost one discus so far. It killed me because it was a long slow process I just couldn't seem to stop. It was intestinal flagellates, and I was able to cure two other cases so far, but not her
A good shot of Ivomec would have taken care of the flagellates, but I don't know how good a cattle wormer works on fish!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #799
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr

A good shot of Ivomec would have taken care of the flagellates, but I don't know how good a cattle wormer works on fish!
I used to sell that for horses. I'm sure it would work, but the dose would be tricky

I used metronidazole. The problem is, the flagellates cause the fish to not eat, and they need to ingest the metronidazole, thus the issue you get a tiny window after about 3 weeks where they nibble, and that when you have to strike.
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #800
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

In-tank fish pics! C'mon, you knew they were coming.

The first is freckles the discus. I have two other discus, but they are too shy for in-tank photo ops.

The second is unagi (freshwater eel sushi) the healed eel. He is 18" long and weighs in at probably 1.5 lbs. all you can see is his head
image-1659517434.jpg   image-2531703060.jpg  
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #801
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

I got tired of the disease issues after buying fish from Petsmart and the local fish store. It seemed like I was always having to treat for Ick after getting them home, and I like Tetras and Khuli Loaches. And of course, they can't very well stand the chemicals typically used. I had some nice tanks over the years. I had some Guoramis (sp) build a bubble nest, and I thought that was way cool! I have a 55 sitting in the garage, waiting to be set up. Been thinking about it...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #802
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr
I got tired of the disease issues after buying fish from Petsmart and the local fish store. It seemed like I was always having to treat for Ick after getting them home, and I like Tetras and Khuli Loaches. And of course, they can't very well stand the chemicals typically used. I had some nice tanks over the years. I had some Guoramis (sp) build a bubble nest, and I thought that was way cool! I have a 55 sitting in the garage, waiting to be set up. Been thinking about it...
Do it! Set her up!

I had the same ick issues buying pet store fish. I gave up on my 60 gal because of it. Only reason I fired it back up was we had a private fish store open up here that really seemed to know their stuff. So far so good, besides the case of black beard algae my tank now suffers from cause of crappy live plants
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #803
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

How can live plants be crappy? If they survive they are GOOD! My fish always ate my Sword plants! See if you can find some Hygrophila. It is attractive, makes a nice backdrop cover, has nice leaves, and it's hardy. You will have to trim it because it will grow right out the top. It likes sand. Plant it all the way across the back of the tank.

Unread 12-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #804
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

I'll have to look for some. Sounds really nice

I say crappy because they were infected with the black beard algae when I bought them. It is a black, stringy algae that covers the leaves of my swords and makes them look like they are dying. Once you have it, you are stuck with it, like a fish tank STD.

Aren't you up late Scott!? It's like 3AM there!
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #805
roboto65

1976 CJ5 

Love Discus about the only fish I never messed with one day. I have a 55gal also but working on the boat and having fish does not work.
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #806
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Last time I had fish the were goldfish and my sis killed them. She thought they were thirsty so she put milk in the bowl.
Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #807
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv
In-tank fish pics! C'mon, you knew they were coming.

The first is freckles the discus. I have two other discus, but they are too shy for in-tank photo ops.

The second is unagi (freshwater eel sushi) the healed eel. He is 18" long and weighs in at probably 1.5 lbs. all you can see is his head
Looks like a tapeworm to me, and a big one at that.

B
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #808
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadamsnv View Post
I'll have to look for some. Sounds really nice

I say crappy because they were infected with the black beard algae when I bought them. It is a black, stringy algae that covers the leaves of my swords and makes them look like they are dying. Once you have it, you are stuck with it, like a fish tank STD.

Aren't you up late Scott!? It's like 3AM there!
Yep... I was up late researching fuel injection. Just so I can have an intelligent conversation with Bill. He's wanting to install FI on an old International combine! Can't figure that guy out...

Most of the time, when I had a problem, I started a hospital tank. It was temporary and it worked. But it got aggravating after awhile. Copper Sulfate will kill the algae, but it will kill the fish too if there is ANY residue.

Unread 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #809
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Yeah, bill and his ZIFF sockets. And tapeworms have segments, he's smooth!

Trent, I'm sorry about your milk fish slightly funny though.
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #810
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboto65
Love Discus about the only fish I never messed with one day. I have a 55gal also but working on the boat and having fish does not work.
They aren't so bad really, you just have to keep tank parameters and treat for flagellates. They are cool fish!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.