air filter suggestion SBC swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > air filter suggestion SBC swap

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 09-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

air filter suggestion SBC swap

I am swapping a TBI SBC in my 5 what is a good filter setup I m havign a small hood scoop for looks put on so I was thinking the hot rodder round element would be good I dont plan on mudding often but if I do is there a way to keep water/mud from hitting those elements and drowning your engine ?

also I saw ads for an air filter like the regular round elements nut even the top was filter media are those things worth it or is the existing chevy filter housing usable as its in ecellent shape

do the exposed round (hottrodder) elements flow better than the OEM filter housing its the round metal with a hole for air to enter

could i have the hot rodder filter for street and the stock intake if i ever go offroad

hopefully I made sense lol

2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.