Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Aftermarket Seats

4K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  MeCasa 
#1 ·
ok im looking for some new seats. currently i have a bench set up from a ford ranger. yeah they look fine and all but i want to put 5 point harnesses in their and i think it would look kinda weird. idk it could be just me. i am picky like that. anyway what are some good after market seats that can take the 5 point harnesses. i was thinking about a racing seat of some sort but i dont know whats good and whats not. i wanna keep the price at about 350 or so. the seat needs to be able to take the punishment from the elements as well since i dont keep doors on my jeep. they dont have to be racing seats, i just thought by the looks that they would be best with the harness. idk i am open for opinions.

thanks, matt

#28 ·
I'll bet a TransAm will have some badass black buckets, lots of wrecked mustangs too

Lots of good looking car seats

Frikkin' junkyards around Houston start at $75 for anything decent :confused:

#29 ·
I tried for Leather but $25 is OK by me. I think the original post was talking about 5 point harness which would obviously require a racing seat. I lap belt on the trail and shoulder belt on the road.

#30 ·
I'm sure four points (which I want not for the trail as much as the highway) will still work

Won't they? I've never had a four point harness, I don't even wear regular belts but logic dictates that to spend a small fortune on a cage is redundant without a belt, so....

Will a four point harness work with most narrow high back buckets? Seems like they would

#31 ·
yeah the harnesses is the real reason to get racing seats. they have the slits and such in them but perhaps a junk yard might have some. idk i never been to one really. do you all think that the harness could fit regualr seats out of a mustang or something of that nature?

#32 ·
DogHouse said:
it's funny you posted this when i just started my install today. It needs more fabrication for the mounts but i used the stock sliders and will replace my 1" riser spacers with 2" spacers. Here is a pic of them in the Jeep now. They feel pretty good so we'll see how they are on the trail. Good to know someone else may try these:

yeah I think mecasa was refering to me when he said someone was looking into these. I'm not to the purchasing point as my project isnt that far along. The seats look great in the jeep hopefully you can give us more info soon!

#33 ·
Come to think of it, the seats are the last thing on my list, down there in the 'interior trim' section, and the way my budget's been going I'll be lucky to have enough left for a wooden bench, I'll go to Lowe's and the dude will say "Do you want oak" and I'll say

No, I want softwood :thumbsup:

#35 ·
Bumped for the dude asking seat questions and for an answer on whether four point harnesses will work with buckets out of a car or sports car?

#37 ·
It's good to occassionally bump some threads like this as they serve as FAQ's

#38 ·
Won't work properly. People do it, but it isn't the safe way to go because the belts aren't located properly and don't secure you properly.

#39 ·
ive seen them run under neath an adjustable headrest.....but this may be what jeepskate is refering too. that would be the only way b/c you gotta have some way to keep the harness belts up, but i wouldnt be suprised if safety was an issue with that.

#40 ·
I was thinking about that, if you go to far back and then go around the seats the harness would have a tendency to open, go closer and higher would help that, but I'm not sure I want a bar that close to the back of my neck, then you get involved in issues of how the seat is bolted in etc. If your not careful your seat can be your worst enemy

Designing a good safe capsule inside your cage can be complicated, especially if you are also protecting against high speed crashes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.