after tub lined where to start using caulk to seal from rain water? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > after tub lined where to start using caulk to seal from rain water?

New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 10-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
seabass1858
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

after tub lined where to start using caulk to seal from rain water?

After i change the cowl seal and coat my floor with bed armor, where all should i be looking at using automotive caulk to eliminate rain water from leaking in that area?

seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
tombstne
1982 CJ7 

I had a leaking cowl seal also, I used 2 sided tape and put it between windshield frame and seal. I used HD tape which is a bit thick but it has sealed it for 2 rain seasons with no leaks there.
tombstne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Seabass,

Similar to Tombstone, I ran a bead of black silicone between the upper flap of the cowl seal and the frame. If you don't glue that flap down, it will eventually curl away from the frame causing leaks. Pay special attention to the areas around the hood hinges, and at the ends of the cowl seal on the sides of the frame.

Good luck,

Matt
cowl.jpg  
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.