advice on rebuilding stock rear in a '79 cj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > advice on rebuilding stock rear in a '79 cj

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-26-2002, 02:30 PM   #1
navycj7

advice on rebuilding stock rear in a '79 cj

I have a damaged rear in my 79CJ and want to upgrade. Currently has 33x12.5 tires, very little off road use. I have mechanical ability but uncertain if this job too big. Advice or links to advice welcomed.

navycj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2002, 07:33 PM   #2
cjdriver

What do you want to switch to? You need to give a little more info than that. Depending on what you are looking to do you very well might be able to do it. Certain things are not too hard. If you want to put a Lock Right and some one peice axles in your current one you should be fine with relatively decent mechanical knowlege. If you want to swap a whole new unit in there you should be able to do that as well relatively easily. If you want to change gears, well that requires quite a bit more knowlege and skill. Let us know what you want to do and we'll see what we can do.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.