advice in buying a cj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > advice in buying a cj

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-14-2002, 12:05 AM   #1
IWannaCJ

advice in buying a cj

I've been looking to buy a cj jeep for awhile just for a project to fix up and ride around in - i live on a farm so it would be kinda fun. Anyways I found a 1977 cj-5 for sale by my house and was wondering if the price they are asking is an ok price or what.

heres some of the info:
1977 cj-5
360 motor from a wagoneer (year unknown)
3-speed
front fenders are fiberglass
new exhaust
little rust/bondo on the side panels beneath the doors and a little in the back - not much.
dash lighs dont work
3rd gear grinds when you put it in gear
comes with the soft top and bikini
Seats are wrecked - need replacing

all it needs to pass inspection is an emergency brake. We took if for a test drive today, it started up like a champ and everything worked perfect driving it - it went like a rocket too

The guy selling it only took it out about a dozen times off-road so hasnt been used much lately.

I know its a little hard to tell what its worth without actually looking at it, but im not all that familiar with cj's and I really dont know anyone around here that does. He is asking $2500 or BO....Im thinking he will take 2k. Can anyone give me a little advice on this - whether you think its a good/bad deal with what ive told you and/or other things i should find out before making a decision.

thanks

IWannaCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2002, 10:21 AM   #2
onesojourner

sounds like a better deal than i got. i paid 3500 for my 79 cj7. but you never know whats going to be wrong with it until you drive it for a while.
onesojourner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.