advice in buying a cj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > advice in buying a cj

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-13-2002, 11:05 PM   #1
IWannaCJ

advice in buying a cj

I've been looking to buy a cj jeep for awhile just for a project to fix up and ride around in - i live on a farm so it would be kinda fun. Anyways I found a 1977 cj-5 for sale by my house and was wondering if the price they are asking is an ok price or what.

heres some of the info:
1977 cj-5
360 motor from a wagoneer (year unknown)
3-speed
front fenders are fiberglass
new exhaust
little rust/bondo on the side panels beneath the doors and a little in the back - not much.
dash lighs dont work
3rd gear grinds when you put it in gear
comes with the soft top and bikini
Seats are wrecked - need replacing

all it needs to pass inspection is an emergency brake. We took if for a test drive today, it started up like a champ and everything worked perfect driving it - it went like a rocket too

The guy selling it only took it out about a dozen times off-road so hasnt been used much lately.

I know its a little hard to tell what its worth without actually looking at it, but im not all that familiar with cj's and I really dont know anyone around here that does. He is asking $2500 or BO....Im thinking he will take 2k. Can anyone give me a little advice on this - whether you think its a good/bad deal with what ive told you and/or other things i should find out before making a decision.

thanks

IWannaCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2002, 09:21 AM   #2
onesojourner

sounds like a better deal than i got. i paid 3500 for my 79 cj7. but you never know whats going to be wrong with it until you drive it for a while.
onesojourner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.