Additives that perform - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Additives that perform

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #16
deadeye
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckyl View Post
Been testing - LS1 Performance Information read this thread. i've been using this in a tbi350,3.8 v6, and amc360 for about a year. all of them run smoother, get better milage, and the valve covers and plugs in the 350 look like new. good luck
I know a few people who have tryed this, it really works, and it's cheap.

83 CJ7, 350 TBI, TH350, Dana 300 twin stick, Dana 44 E-locker, Ford 8.8, Detroit, 4:10 gears, 35x13.5x15s
"Just Exchange Every Part"
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

I tried Z-Maxx in mine, and there does seem to be a little more engine response. But on another note, I rubbed down the top of my welding table with it after heating it up real good with a space heater and there hasn't been a lick of rust on it for three years!

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #18
RustyRenegade
1980 CJ5 

We use that chevron stuff too sometimes. Not sure that it works but we go through a fair amount of it.
RustyRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #19
CJ Chet
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRenegade View Post
We use that chevron stuff too sometimes. Not sure that it works but we go through a fair amount of it.
The local Ford dealer recommended it for my wife's Mustang. Seems to do the job.

'86 CJ7, 265 CI, DUI, TF999, Borla, Weber, 4" BDS Lift.
'04 AEV RUBICON.
'00 TJ Sahara.
CJ Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:13 AM   #20
twmattox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
I see a bunch of 'Hub Bub' made about the zinc levels in oil...
Nothing to it I can see.
No failures breaking in new cams, no cold start wear beyond what you normally see.

Just a marketing ploy by the guys still pumping zinc in their oils.
I can't verify that there are significant issues with the lack of ZDDP...but, can say that when I emailed the major oil manufacturers, they all indicated that they have recently (in the last couple years) have significantly reduced the amount...but "it should still be safe for flat tappet engines". Personally, it is worth an extra $2 an oil change to add a little cushion...
twmattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #21
skclark
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank c View Post
I've been using Marvel Mystery Oil for years in all my vehicles, in the gas and every 3rd or 4th oil chg. I add some in place of a little oil.
I've got about 120,00 miles on one of the engines with this routine just pull the oil cap an look inside you won't believe the difference from another engine without having used it, no accumulation of sludge to be seen.
I was one of the many people who developed a lifter tick after an oil change. I just delt with it for a month or two hoping it would go away. Then after reading about people using Marvel I gave it a shot. What a difference! Ticking went away and all is good! I realize most of the "Mechanic in a bottle" stuff is just a short term fix though.

I use Rotella T oil in all my vehicles (dirt bikes too). I have noticed Rotella really cleans out the motor. Especially on a neglected motor like my 27 year old 258.

I recently decided to try the high mileage oil in my wife's 120k mile truck. I don't see any difference but supposedly it helps with old seals so I figure what the heck.
skclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #22
Bubba Ray
1984 CJ7 

I use Rotella oil and tried the seafoam. Big diff? No. Small diff? Maybe with the seafoam it cleaned some junk from the worn 180,000 mile 258. Oil pressure still very low but still running.
Bubba Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.