Adding Power Steering? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Adding Power Steering?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 05-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
MFairbourn

Adding Power Steering?

I have a '77 CJ7 that has steering by strong arm. I want to put a lift and bigger tires but I am afraid to do it without power steering. Does anyone out there make a kit for this? If not how hard is it to put on? Any help would be great!

Thanks

MFairbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2003, 07:41 PM   #2
lostnwoodscj5

Its not that Bad. I just got done doing this on my 78 CJ5. While your doing this project. I would go ahead and get a BDO heavy duty steering bracket. I tell ya, it a world of ease to steer. BTW I got my complete setup off of EBAY.
lostnwoodscj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2003, 09:57 PM   #3
MFairbourn

How much did you pay for your kit on ebay if you don't mind me asking? Also what brand was it? Thanks

Matt
MFairbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2003, 04:02 PM   #4
lostnwoodscj5

I paid 275.00 But that was the whole setup. It actually came off of a 86 CJ7.... It came with the powersteering shaft, pump, and gear box. I bouthe the Big Daddy steering bracket off of Ebay also. If you would like I can get ahold of the guy that I got it off of. He buys Jeeps all the time and parts them out. The steering also is very tight . No Play. Besides it all bolts right on.
lostnwoodscj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.