AdamH's 76 CJ7 build - after the fact - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > AdamH's 76 CJ7 build - after the fact

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 02-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #61
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Finished the full steel doors.

img_0192.jpg   img_0193.jpg   img_0196.jpg   img_0194.jpg  
AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #62
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

fuel gauge and temp gauge working now - dare I say it? dare I say it?

It's done! Pics to come later this weekend showing all the small details.
Unread 05-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #63
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

One last pic of the last time I drove it.
cj-done-2.jpg  
Unread 05-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #64
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Some of you will understand where I am coming from, others will think I am crazy; especially if you read the past 5 pages of what I have gone through with this build. Even I said I would never part with it.

The CJ was finished and I was enjoying it. My new wife loved riding in it and it brought smiles to our face. Then an interesting turn of events happened.

Her father got some bad news on his health and only 61 yrs old. He decided that since he didn't know how much time he has left, he wants to make what he has the best it can be. For him, that means downsizing and he and his wife traveling like they have always wanted. The downsizing involves selling their jet skis and just keeping their fishing boat, selling his beat around truck that he seems to always be working on, getting out of the volunteer fire department, truly getting to what he wants to do with his time. Included in this, is selling his beloved '65 Corvette Convertible. He plans to put all the $ gained from selling stuff to travel.

When he shared the news with us, we were of course saddened by his health situation but know if anyone can hang on, it's him. We've been expecting the news on his health so while it wasn't a shock it's still hard to hear. My wife was holding it together as he told us. Then, when he mentioned the Vette getting sold, my wife's eyes welled up in tears. You see, Her uncle bought the Vette new and sold it to her dad in '79. She was two years old. There isn't a memory in her head that doesn't include that car. 100s of pics over the years, that car is in most of them. She also knew it would hurt him to sell it. I knew what I had to do.

The CJ7 is gone. It went to a good home. The guy who bought it is a Jeep freak like me and fell in love when he saw it. I made back all the money I put into it plus some extra. I am fine with that. Since I owed nothing on credit cards, etc. I was able to use the CJ money and add some from savings to purchase the Vette from my father-in-law. He sold it to me for less than half of what it was appraised at. I am happy with the transaction.

Again, some of you may think I was stupid to sell the CJ, but I can tell you with 100% honesty, it was the best thing I could have done for my wife. She smiles and gets teary eyed now but out of happiness. She has her car and the memories that come with it. Just look at her smile! No CJ could ever replace that. The Vette has been a part of her family - something everyone has ridden in, talked about while having a beer, etc..

I still have my LJ and my JK to build and play with. No worries there. And who knows, there may be another CJ in my future. But for now, the Vette is everything I could ask for for my wife. AdamH's 76 CJ7 build is over. Cheers.
corvette.jpg   stephandvette.jpg  
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #65
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Wow.....that's a hell of a story and a real bummer to have to sell such an amazing CJ. As much as it would pain me to do so, if I were in your shoes, I would do the same for my wife in a heartbeat. There isn't anything I wouldn't do to put a smile on her face. She puts one on mine every day so it's the least I could do to return the favor.

Soooooooo..........when you starting another Jeep build?
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #66
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The guy I sold the CJ7 to drives it almost daily. I see him every now and then around town. Every time I see him, he has a smile on his face and lets those around him hear it! With headers and straigh pipes it will get your attention. It's so cool to see it on the road.
1cj7.jpg  
Unread 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #67
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

And yes, I didn't stay CJ-less for too long.

Welcome a 1981 Scrambler to the family! I moved to my new house on Mt. Island lake last week and the new neighbors got an eye full when I pulled up! The Wife's HEMI Commander pulled it like a champ - not that I worried.

I hope to start a frame off late Summer. The Scrambler is WAY better as a starting point than the CJ7 was. All the rust (two spots under "Jeep" on both sides and a small spot on driver's rear quarter) has been cut out and patches cut. All that needs to be done is weld them in. Frame is perfect. Bulkhead is perfect. The guy threw in a 304 with it. I plan to build it up quite a bit. The CJ7 had a mild cam and bored over just a tad. The Scrambler will have quite a bit more done to it's 304 when I am done.
scram.jpg  
Unread 05-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #68
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Gee...having to sell a CJ to buy a FREAKING GORGEOUS '65 Vette...at half price....it sucks to be you.

Glad to see you didn't have to suffer long.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #69
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Believe me, I know I am fortunate.
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #70
amcjeepman
1986 CJ7 

Don't wast any money on the 304, put a 360 in it. Same look, more power
81 CJ7 360 T177
05 Rubicon Unlimited
and others ;)
amcjeepman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.