Accelerator pump just stopped working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Accelerator pump just stopped working

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

Accelerator pump just stopped working

I was driving back from the parts store all proud of myself for how much better it was running when, out of nowhere, I got a stumble on acceleration. After checking it I saw that there's no squirt, nowhere nohow.

It also decides at it's leasure to increase the idle sometimes, which makes going into first gear sound like an old school bus.

Why do I always end up with a "California Emissions" vehicle. I've never even lived there!

Any ideas!

tuning Holley carburetors

swatson454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Debris (rust or dirt) in the float bowl finding its way into the pump circuit?

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

Not sure exactly what caused it but the diaghram was stuck at the bottom of the well.

This thing definitely has intermittent idle/running issues so I'm off to get wire for the Nutter Bypass. I had an 86 Blazer with all of this crap on it failing one little part at a time so I'm not playing this game again!

So what controls the dizzy now that the cpu is bypassed? Can't just be vacuum.

tuning weber carburetors
swatson454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.