acc/lps fuse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > acc/lps fuse

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
treylt
1982 CJ7 

no power at acc/lps fuse????? HELP!

i was trying to troubleshoot problems with my fuel/temp gauges and have determined the cluster isnt getting power. i traced it back and i have no power at the fuse block for the acc/lps fuse (i believe this is the fuse that feeds cluster). all other fuses are getting power any suggestions? its an 82 cj7

Last edited by treylt; 10-01-2012 at 03:33 PM..
treylt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
BagusJeep
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

This is near to the schematic for your fuse box. It is specifically a 1984-86 fuse box but should apply.

PS Drat, server's down so here is the news in words:

1. The IGN LPS fuse is the one that feeds the instruments with power along red wires.

2. The ACCC LPS fuse only powers the instrument light bulbs and is connected from the headlight pull switch. It feeds those orange wires at the back of the instrument cluster

If you are not getting anything on the ACC LPS switch try turning on the headlights and fiddling with the rheostat at the switch. There is a red with tracer wire from the switch to the back of teh fuse box to connect to the ACC LPS fuse and then out along an orange wire.
84-86fuseboxsch-copy-2-.jpg  

1981 CJ7 258ci - Bagusjeep
1984 CJ7 258ci - Puthijeep
1981 J20 258ci - Gladys
1995 Cherokee 4.0 - CHEROKEE
BagusJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
treylt
1982 CJ7 

thanks for your reply! i will try this in the morning
treylt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.