about to do 2.5" lift... details questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > about to do 2.5" lift... details questions...

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-26-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
NJCJ7

about to do 2.5" lift... details questions...

i have settled on a bds lift kit, 2.5" that i will be ordering in the next few weeks. it includes shocks. i have gotten the idea that i don't need a drop pitman arm or t-case drop with such a small lift. but i haven't given much thought to the rest of the details. here are some issues i need light shed upon:

1. shackles. one of mine is bent, and i need to replace it anyway, so i thought i'd go with ones that are gonna give a little boost anyway, but not too big as to cause steering issues. suggestions?

2. if i wind up with more lift from the shackles, will i wind up needing pitman arms and t-case drops?

3. sway bar end links... disco's are cool, are they worth it with 2.5"? who makes good ones? if i don't get them, do i need elongated solid links? cause if i do, i will definitely just get disco's.

i think that's it for now... your help is appreciated...

Unread 03-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

- You will not need a drop pitman arm.

- If you replace your shackles, go with a 1/2" M.O.R.E greasable shackle. They are the only ones that work with the BDS military wrapped springs. They will give you a better ride too. No, you don't need a drop pitman arm because of the 1/2" lift.

- You do not have to drop your transfer case with a 2.5" BDS lift.
The BDS kits come with it, but it's not necessary unless you have vibes.

- There's only one reason for Disconnects. You want to go wheeling with this jeep? You'll need to disconnect the sway bar to fully articulate. If this is for street only, the stock sway bar links will work with the 2.5" BDS lift.

- If you want quick discos, try JKS or make your own if you want.
Unread 03-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #3
NJCJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams68

- There's only one reason for Disconnects. You want to go wheeling with this jeep? You'll need to disconnect the sway bar to fully articulate. If this is for street only, the stock sway bar links will work with the 2.5" BDS lift.

- If you want quick discos, try JKS or make your own if you want.
i will definitely be wheeling it... i finally took my CJ out the other day, and now i am hooked... it's been all i've been able to think about this week. any good sites for fabbing disco's?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.