Is this an AA divorced Dana 300? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Is this an AA divorced Dana 300?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
ecvMatt
1966 CJ5 

Is this an AA divorced Dana 300?

I can't figure out what this is, not being very well versed in Jeep. It looks like a Dana 300 with an advance adapters divorce kit but google is letting me down right now.

Unread 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
ecvMatt
1966 CJ5 

A few more pictures

Unread 09-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
jeepsr4ever

Dana 21 divorced at first glance but at second its a Dana 20 with a AA divorced kit. Dana 300s have an aluminum output shaft housing while the 20s are cast iron.
jeepsr4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
ecvMatt
1966 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever View Post
Dana 21 divorced at first glance but at second its a Dana 20 with a AA divorced kit. Dana 300s have an aluminum output shaft housing while the 20s are cast iron.
I've never seen such a kit, seems odd to me.
Unread 09-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
garthbrown
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A good clue is the "texas" style bolt pattern on the input mating surface.

That's shared between the spicer 18 and 20 cases - but the spicer 20 case has the rear output inline with the input, whereas the 18 has the rear output offset and inline with the front output.
1955 Willys Wagon SBC
garthbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #6
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

It could be simular to the 300 mounted on a T-18 like those used in some Scouts one year. I think those had a Texas pattern also.

Looks like a T-case set up to be mounted behind another t-case to double (tripple?) your gear reduction. Would need to be in a jeep or something.

Did some 4X4 have a seperate T-case at one time?
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #7
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Those configurations were used by company's like Wolverine and others doing 4WD conversions on mini trucks in the late 70's and 80's time frame.
80cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2008, 07:35 AM   #8
jason m

thats the one for sale on pirate, yes its a dana 20. i have one to that i bought a while back for a buggy prodject, haven't used it yet. mine has a flange on the front face insteed of the yoke, i would love to find ( or get that one ) for the yoke.

AA deos make a dana 300 divorced kit if you where intersted, they dont adverties it but they will build one for you, jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
ecvMatt
1966 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m View Post
thats the one for sale on pirate, yes its a dana 20. i have one to that i bought a while back for a buggy prodject, haven't used it yet. mine has a flange on the front face insteed of the yoke, i would love to find ( or get that one ) for the yoke.

AA deos make a dana 300 divorced kit if you where intersted, they dont adverties it but they will build one for you, jason.
I PMed you on Pirate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.