90 degrees this weekend, show me your sound systems, overhaulin' tomorrow!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 90 degrees this weekend, show me your sound systems, overhaulin' tomorrow!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 06-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #16
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippie21 View Post
Nice set up Coiz. I like the tub you have set up in the back. I need to do that.. fab up a tub header. Of course the stereo sounds great too.
That's actually a Scrambler bulkhead that the PO had installed. I decided to reinstall it during my restoration because it fit the stereo components so well and the fact my roll bar already had a crossbar installed essentially blocking off the rear seat area anyway.

Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2012, 01:39 AM   #17
yippie21

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
That's actually a Scrambler bulkhead that the PO had installed. I decided to reinstall it during my restoration because it fit the stereo components so well and the fact my roll bar already had a crossbar installed essentially blocking off the rear seat area anyway.

I did some looking and found them at Collins Brothers today. Yeah.. a CJ8 bulkhead. I like it. Not $200 nice, but maybe I can fab something... Thanks.
yippie21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #18
jeep670
1982 CJ8 

i run a Panasonic player with two rockford midranges bolted on the corner of my bulkhead an a solobaric l7 in the middle of the seats an a rockford 25 to life amp...it packs lot of thump in my scrambler
jeep670 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
Mlaughlin8
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inputflangeman
'78 CJ5, CD player does not work, not MP3 capabilities, antenae $ucks!!! I need Sirius/XM, MP3/iPhone, most importantly, the Liquid Audio look cool, but, don't really do the trick in terms of surrounding myself with sound (although they do give me a headache)! Let's see what you did so I have some ideas. I'm already wired for a front and rear channel...
Where did you get your tower speakers on your rollbar??? I've thought about that idea myself!
Mlaughlin8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #20
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

why not just run a 3.5mm iphone jack that splits into RCA jacks, plug into the amp and control the volume and songs through your mp3 player? all you have is a audio jack wire to plug in. Not much to it, cheap, and not tempting to steal. Thats my plan when I get to that point. Marine 5-1/4" speakers in the dash, a 2channel 40 watt amp, and an aux audio jack in the dash. Set the amp volume at the highest level that you would typically want, then adjust down from there. If you have the amp already, you are in it for $10 bucks. At least it makes a good temporary setup. Make a nice Jeep playlist and let it go!
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippie21 View Post
I did some looking and found them at Collins Brothers today. Yeah.. a CJ8 bulkhead. I like it. Not $200 nice, but maybe I can fab something... Thanks.
I don't know if you've seen this before but this post details that bulkhead, the sub box and amp mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiejon View Post
why not just run a 3.5mm iphone jack that splits into RCA jacks, plug into the amp and control the volume and songs through your mp3 player? all you have is a audio jack wire to plug in. Not much to it, cheap, and not tempting to steal. Thats my plan when I get to that point. Marine 5-1/4" speakers in the dash, a 2channel 40 watt amp, and an aux audio jack in the dash. Set the amp volume at the highest level that you would typically want, then adjust down from there. If you have the amp already, you are in it for $10 bucks. At least it makes a good temporary setup. Make a nice Jeep playlist and let it go!
That's exactly what I did with an old Alpine amp in my girlfriend's car. The main stereo goes through the wired inputs and the RCA's are fed right from the MP3 player, a Zune in our case. She just has to turn down or shut off the car radio to listen to the MP3 player. Works great!
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
Inputflangeman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I ended up getting the Qtech hump box with the speakers. No doors = no stereo. I'm only out $150 if so. Funny thing is I had to install it 2X as the butt splices on all 4 wires were bad from the factory...no continuity, so I made my own wires.
Inputflangeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #23
Inputflangeman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlaughlin8

Where did you get your tower speakers on your rollbar??? I've thought about that idea myself!
Came from PO. They are Liquid Audio, u can prolly Google them.
Inputflangeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
audio , cj5 , speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.