86 CJ7 258 New GM HEI but no spark - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 86 CJ7 258 New GM HEI but no spark

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 03-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Jacoby22
1983 CJ7 

are your wires in the right spots on that cap? was the dizzy pulled when you were trying to look for tdc on #1? are you sure you were on the right stroke on the motor?

Jacoby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #17
planb722
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby22 View Post
are your wires in the right spots on that cap? was the dizzy pulled when you were trying to look for tdc on #1? are you sure you were on the right stroke on the motor?
Reran my wires and I had crossed #5 and #6. Now it's running much better. Took it for a test drive and about 5 minutes in it died. Like it was out of gas but I know that it had plenty. Got it to restarted after a few minutes. Made it about 3 more miles and it did the same thing. Any suggestions?
planb722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
TrebleHook

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by planb722 View Post
Reran my wires and I had crossed #5 and #6. Now it's running much better. Took it for a test drive and about 5 minutes in it died. Like it was out of gas but I know that it had plenty. Got it to restarted after a few minutes. Made it about 3 more miles and it did the same thing. Any suggestions?
Hmmmm...sounds like a fuel thing - not an ignition thing. Vapor lock?

Somebody with Jeep brains will answer up shortly! I suggest you give as much detail as you can (carb? initial timing? etc...) and let the forum do it's magic!!

Cheers,
TrebleHook
1983 CJ8 Scrambler Laredo - 258 MOPAR MPFI/T-5/Dana 300 - 4.10 Dana 44 Rear/Dana 30 Front w/ ARB lockers front/rear - 4" BDS Suspension w/ Fox 2.0 Shocks - Ground Pounder Fab Front Shorty and Rear Spare Custom Bumpers - PSC Steering w/ Borgeson Shaft - 33x10.50 BFG KM2 on 15x8 Mickey Thompson Classic III - Work in progress.....
TrebleHook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
distributor , hei , help please , no spark , no start

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.