86 CJ10 help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 86 CJ10 help

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 12-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
BBCchris

86 CJ10 help

I picked up this CJ 10 last year and now that I have some time I'm planning on building it up. So my question is does anyone else have one of these CJ's. I can't seem to find out any information about it.
My specs:
*Nissan SD33TD
*TF727
*NP208
*D44 F/R
*119" WB
*no bed or box
*half cab

This jeep started out as a 10a before it was streched.
Any help or information would be appricated.

BBCchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

I don't own one, but drove them quite a bit and worked on them a little while I was stationed out in the desert. What do you want to know about it? I don't really see a question.

Yours obviously isn't stock, so it would probably be better to post some links to pictures to start with, that way everyone knows exactly what you're working with. Especially of where the frame was stretched, and suspension for those axles would help.
jayhawkclint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
BBCchris

CJ-10 Bed

I'll get some pics this weekend. I wanted to see what others have done for the back half of the Jeep. I assumed they are stock Waggy axles 3.54 RP. The strech (39ish") is right after where the cab ends. The rear springs are outside of the frame rails. I'm curious as to if anyone knew what these are from, they look like Waggy or J20.
The odds of finding a CJ10 bed for sale in this country are pretty slim, that's why I like to see what some others have done on the backside. I saw ad in one of the Jeep rags about a conversion for the TJ that almost looks like an exact copy of the stock bed, Summit??? I think.
Unread 12-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

I think stock Wag springs are around 42" eye-to-eye. They would definitely be outboarded from the frame, so sounds right. Get a tape out and tell us where yours are at.

Coolest CJ10 I ever saw was a guy over in Britain did one with a custom bed. It was red. I'll see if I can scrouge it up. There is also a CJ10 forum somewhere. I know of a guy that belongs to it. I'll see if I can get the address from him for ya.
jayhawkclint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
BBCchris

Thanks a bunch. Most people that see the truck think that I made the grill and put the headlight in the fenders . Then one of my smartass friends put that stupid "real Jeeps have round headlights" stickers on the back of it.
Unread 12-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
camjeep3
1988 MJ Comanche 

do a custom flat bed of a stepsid that would be cool
6inch RE lift w/ Spring over-8.8 aussie locker and 4.56s
High School Jeepers #15
camjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

There is a CJ-10 yahoogroup, that will be your best source of info and hooking up with other owners. Since it was convertede from a 10a, there's no definitive 'let me tell you over the web' ID of what parts were used in the conversion process.
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
John N
1981 CJ8 

Are you going for something like this.....

This is a guy I've met up with on a few trail rides. He has about 5 10a's. This one has a narrowed S-10 bed on it.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
ronprice

I like that . makes want to make one myself.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #10
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

thats just screams ''TUFF''
"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #11
BBCchris

Thanks for the Yahoo lead. Thats what I was thinking on the bed, or something like it. I found a couple of flat bed / tray back pics this weekend might go that way too. Running gear wise it's ok. The Nissan diesel is no powerhouse but it works fine for our use, it does smoke like a bastard when you first start it. Hell that only bothers my neighbors not me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.