85 CJ7 fuel vapor canister - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 85 CJ7 fuel vapor canister

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
85project

85 CJ7 fuel vapor canister

I am rebuilding my CJ and am putting in a new fuel tank, sending unit, straps, lines, and I found that my canister is dry rotted, I can not find one new or AM. I read that I can use an 93 jeep grand Cherokee can. Has anyone tried the conversion or have any other ideas?

Ty

Greg

85project is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Use the 93 one. Go to Oreillys and they will price match the 25.99 that NAPA has. Or go to NAPA and get one. I just usually go to Oreillys.

Here are the easiest instructions I have found. I am picking mine up in the morning so I can finish tuning my new Weber.

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106051

Good Luck

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
INowUnderstand
1986 CJ7 

Just did this. Works great. 93 will just drop in to the old bracket. That write up above will do ya.

One tip when you drill out the closed off port, start with a very small drill bit to get it centered on the port. Then work your way up. Starting with a large bit wanted to slip and chew up the port. It's short,so you don't have much room to lose by tearing up on the end
INowUnderstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
INowUnderstand
1986 CJ7 

Buy the way. Autozone couldn't order it. Vendor out. OReilly's could. Had it the next day. 93 cherokee
INowUnderstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.