85 CJ7 completely dead - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 16 Old 09-19-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
85CJ7denver
1985 CJ7 

SO...I FINALLY got everything figured out...

I bought a battery charger and gave the battery a good overnight charge - the next day it started up perfectly. Then 2 days later the same thing happened - went to start it and it cranked, but never turned over, tried again and the battery went dead again with nothing. I charged the battery again and sure enough, 2-3 days later the same thing.

I ended up taking it to a mechinic realizing there was something that was draining the battery over a period of a day or 2 of not driving. Sure enough, they traced the wiring back to the horn. The strearing wheel and stearing column have been replaced on this jeep and the horn was never hooked up properly. So all I had to do was disconect the horn completey and the problem has been solved for 2 weeks now.

Thank you all for your help...I am starting another tread in just a bit on some idle/carb questions and would appreciate any advice you can give me on that as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.