Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

84 CJ7 4cyl with blow by

817 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cjheven 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have an 84 CJ7 that has a 4cyl in it. The motor only has 90K miles on it but it is beginning to have a lot of blow by. 1st questions would be, can I swap out the motor with a 6cyl and be able to you the same transmission. If not where should I start to look for a good crate motor that is reasonable priced? I would love to put a 6cyl in it but I really don’t want the extra expense of switching out the transmission and any other items I might have to do.
Thanks for the help!!!

#5 ·
onesourcemike said:
Hello,
I have an 84 CJ7 that has a 4cyl in it. The motor only has 90K miles on it but it is beginning to have a lot of blow by. 1st questions would be, can I swap out the motor with a 6cyl and be able to you the same transmission. If not where should I start to look for a good crate motor that is reasonable priced? I would love to put a 6cyl in it but I really don't want the extra expense of switching out the transmission and any other items I might have to do.
Thanks for the help!!!
If you are interested I have a rebuilt 4 cyl that I will sell Real cheap. Long story but pm me for details. It's located in Chesapeake VA. Mabey 5ish hours from you. I would rather not ship. If you would rather go with the 6 cyl, you may just have to switch the bellhousing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.