84 Cj for $12,000 need advise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 84 Cj for $12,000 need advise

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 10-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
bkeast17

84 Cj for $12,000 need advise

Hello, have a local 84 Cj for sale and I found the price quite high. The reserve he had on ebay was 11,999. Now he says 10. THis is what it has. Rebuilt 258, a spare 258 engine, 3" lift with 33"s, a spare set of tires and wheels, fresh paint job, hard top, bikini top, full doors.

Now this Jeep is nice and all but 10-12 grand! I think more like 3-5. Need some opinion so I can talk to him. He inherited the Jeep and knows nothing about them, so he googled it and came up with that price.

Thanks, Bill

bkeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeast17
Hello, have a local 84 Cj for sale and I found the price quite high. The reserve he had on ebay was 11,999. Now he says 10. THis is what it has. Rebuilt 258, a spare 258 engine, 3" lift with 33"s, a spare set of tires and wheels, fresh paint job, hard top, bikini top, full doors.

Now this Jeep is nice and all but 10-12 grand! I think more like 3-5. Need some opinion so I can talk to him. He inherited the Jeep and knows nothing about them, so he googled it and came up with that price.

Thanks, Bill
I'm sure my '77 CJ-5 was not that nice, but I sold it for $3,500. Soft top (newer) 60,000 miles. Fairly stock. Newer paint. 10-12 K will put a nice down on a '06 model. Bob
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #3
John C

Five years ago I put my 83 in E-bay with a rediculous reserve 14,000 I think. I had no intention of selling it but wanted to know what it was worth in real world terms. This was right after the frame off resto so the thing was like brand new (well better than new since I had upgraded quite a lot also) I got a high bid of $9200. This was prior to putting in the 360 / T-400 combo so I think it would be a fair comparison. However, EVERYTHING on mine had just been repaired or replaced with new or better.
BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #156
84' Caribean Blue Laredo w/ black leather interior
Frame off restore 6 years ago
7 inch lift w/ 34" TRXUS MT
DANA 44 front Solid axle converted Model 20 rear
AMC 360 / T-400 / Model 300 transfer case
SOLD
but never forgotten

Quote:
If I can't hunt it, fish it, f**k it, or wheel it, I might not be that intrested in it
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
motojoe
1982 CJ7 

To see what other Jeeps are selling for try this- www.austinjeeps.com

Most are stock or restored.

C.O.R.E.
Dirtbike, Motocross
and ATV School
www.coremxschool.com

1982 CJ-7
Jamboree Edition #511
motojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
Fropleyqk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

No way it's worth that. Do some homework for him and show him what you come up with. I don think you'll have to worry about someone else snatching it up. I just sold mine for $3800. Take a look in my picture gallery for comparison.
Fropleyqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
cityofcompton3

if you just sold that yellow jeep i think you probably could have gotten a bit more for it. i don't know everything that is in there but i have seen worse sell for more
cityofcompton3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #7
cjjeeper258

I agree with the rest here on what it should be worth.

On a side note, I just have to say that the 258, while being a super engine, has virtually no value where I am at. I could not even give my complete running motor away, whole or in parts, and had to scrap mopst of it.

If the seller uses the fact it has another 258 for a spare to help justify the price, just remember they appear to have little value to anyone but a Jeep owner.
cjjeeper258 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.