'83 CJ7 rebuild questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > '83 CJ7 rebuild questions

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
KMA
1983 CJ7 

Hi MH,

They are 33's. I bought a new MC and booster unit off of Ebay. It came with the bracket and prop valve set up for front disc and rear drum. I removed it for now and kept the stock prop valve. The jeep is currently apart in the garage and waiting for new sheet metal and paint. I took off work next week to get that done and already have everything I need. I'm hoping to also get the Monstaliner applied to the tub, and ChassisSaver to the underside. Cold weather is coming and I wanted to get the paint down ASAP. After its done, I won't have to be in as much of a rush to finish the remaining work. I will probably move it outside to free up the garage, finishing the rest over the next 6 months or so.

Thanks for the feedback.

KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #17
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

when i bought my 83 fsm it was a 82 fsm thats in this link http://oljeep.com/edge_82_tsm.html
Then it came with a 83 supplement.Which covered newer emissions and other updates for the 83 year. Most of the 83 book was troubleshooting all the stuff that everyone has stripped off their Jeeps now.The 82 fsm covers everything mechanical for the 83 year.Either way between this link and the other one your covered
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
MountainHound
1979 CJ7 

KMA,
Good stuff! What size/type booster? Is it an OEM or dual diaphragm? Sounds like you will be having fun with those projects. We got our first cold weather today. Let us know how it goes.
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

As a licensed 'Ham' radio operator, do you REALLY know what "KMA" means??
You may very well want to change you 'screen' name.
KMA=Kiss My Arse...OR..Keep Me Advised.............................
73's
LG(K6MTY)
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #20
KMA
1983 CJ7 

MH, yes it is dual diaphram and no it is not OEM. I got a lot of work done this last week. New metal welded in, filler and primer applied. Hope to lay paint down in the next few days or so. I will most likely put up a build thread when I'm further along. I've been taking pics for posterity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
As a licensed 'Ham' radio operator, do you REALLY know what "KMA" means??
You may very well want to change you 'screen' name.
KMA=Kiss My Arse...OR..Keep Me Advised.............................
73's
LG(K6MTY)
Lol I didn't know that... but I know what it means to me.

Are there really that many Ham operators on a jeep forum that I should be concerned?
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
MountainHound
1979 CJ7 

Ham radio operators....military....old timers....on this forum maybe
I hope that it works. . Hopefully not for you.....but I had a problem with brakes sticking on with the corvette style MC. Just couldn't get it adjusted right. IIRC the lines go on the passenger side and the sizes for the lines are swapped....Could be wrong though. Bench bleed the MC and don't let it go dry when bleeding the brakes. I also opted for speed bleeders which made doing it by myself a lot easier.

I may get around to body work and paint one of these days
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #22
KMA
1983 CJ7 

Yeah, MC has been installed for a little while now... all good. Did it right during the install and came out nicely. Brakes now work, but I think the slave cylinder in the passenger side rear wheel is letting air in since I can't bleed it even with a vacuum pump. I have another one, just need to install it at some point once I get it finished painted.
Unread 07-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #23
KMA
1983 CJ7 

Well, the jeep is pretty much finished except for a few minor details/fixes. The only major item left is the T5 to TF999 swap I'll be starting as soon as the rebuild kit and remaining parts arrive. I went with the Lokar XATS6904BB tranny mounted shifter, which should keep the original look and is supposed to be a solid unit.

Anyway, it's definitely in way better shape than it was a year ago and I'm happy with how it turned out. I put a few hundred hours in it and learned a ton. The "before" pic attached shows some of the rusted out tub before adding new 18ga metal and Monstaliner.
rust.jpg   jeep.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.