'82 Project CJ7 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > '82 Project CJ7

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 02-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #31
Kdozier
1982 CJ7 

It needs a few scratches before I put it through some real wheelin'. Hoping to have it on the road by the end of March and hit the beach and maybe some wide trails to see how well I built it.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~Bible, John 15:13
Kdozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #32
Dislsmoke
1985 CJ7 

Your speaker grills are in the mail......and just wanted to say dam good job on that jeep man.
Dan

Custom Dashs built to your specs dbldfab@gmail.com
website. http://sites.google.com/site/doubledfab/
Dislsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #33
Kdozier
1982 CJ7 

Thanks, Dan. Your dash made the jeep for me, everyone of my friends that see it love it. I am looking forward to the next project that I can showcase your work in, maybe a CJ8. BTW the grills looked great in the photo. Thanks again
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~Bible, John 15:13
Unread 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #34
sbc61
1986 CJ7 

The Jeep looks great. Very nice looking paint. Can't wait to see some more pics!
Unread 02-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #35
blownsvtlightni
1981 CJ7 

who blasted and coated the frame? I hvae been looking for someone in the houston area to handle this for me, I don't have the room to do it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdozier View Post
Well, i had a computer crash on me and am looking for all the pics that I backed up, but this is what I found on the camera. All the body parts are off at paint shop, hopefully I will have it back soon. I'm trying to be patient, the guy that I have doing it does wonderful work and from talking with a few other guys and seeing his work he is worth the wait.

The frame and axle housings have been blasted and recoated. All new SS brake lines and fuel lines run. RE 4.5" lift installed. Doesn't show it here but TRF done with HD tie rod and drag link. The 4.2L that came with it was shot so I found a 4.0L out of a 94 GC and mated that to the original T5. Haven't done wheels and tires yet because I'm afraid that I wont be able to get it out of the garage, I have 80" clearence and when I did a mock up with the 31's that are on it I could just barely get it out. Kinda at a stopping point without the tub so like I said, hopefully I get it back soon so I can send more pics and get some more work done.
blownsvtlightni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #36
FamillyCJ7
1983 CJ7 

Man everything looks great. I love the dash and gauges. What gauges are they? Nice simple and clean! How did you refinish the frame?
Unread 02-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #37
hutchmanhd
1986 CJ7 

Very nicely done! I tried to send you a pm, but your inbox is full. I am wondering if you might still have the stock chrome wagon wheels and might be willing to sell them if you do?
Unread 02-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #38
mudpuppy_n_jeep
1980 CJ7 

very very nice build
youngest girl 79 cj5
mudpuppy_n_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #39
awkrueger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

wow. very very nice.

R.I.P. - Burzum
awkrueger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #40
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How is the motor running? I'd like to do the same thing with the 4.0

Can you take some pics with the hood up? Thanks!!
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #41
Kdozier
1982 CJ7 

The 4.0l is running great. I was a little worried since it had not been started in 2 years but once everything was hooked up (the right way) it started right up. I am waiting to get drive shafts to see what kind of power it has. I am at the station today so as soon as I get home in the morning I will take some engine bay shots and get them posted.

The gauges are Autometer gauges, Street Rod MCX series.

I had the frame sand blasted and painted by a guy in Magnolia that does work on oil field equipment by the name of Trinidad. I wanted the frame powdercoated but the guy that did the work said that the paint he used is what is used to paint oil rigs and is made to withstand salt water. I have to say that it is pretty tough. When I was making ground connections to the frame I tried exposing some bare metal and when I hit it with a wire wheel it barely scuffed, so I got the grinder out. I wish I could remember what kind of paint it is.

Sorry the old wheels are already gone.
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #42
Kdozier
1982 CJ7 

Here's some more
image-192540831.jpg   image-2487812296.jpg   image-97900567.jpg   image-2215719220.jpg  
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #43
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man that is clean!! Exactly what I'm going for! Thanks for the pics!!
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #44
Kdozier
1982 CJ7 

No problem
Unread 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #45
Kdozier
1982 CJ7 

Off to have new driveshafts made and axles regeared. Hopefully this is the only time that it sees the back of a wrecker.
image-1915220726.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.