82 CJ7 Project: "Rustful Dead!" - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 82 CJ7 Project: "Rustful Dead!"

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #121
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Well, at the surgery center awaiting another surgery on my back. Relatively minor compared to the others. Hopefully after they burn the nerves out from L3-S1 I will be pain free and functional again.

Cross your fingers!!!!! The jeep needs my help

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #122
sjc115

I have been through a couple of knee surgeries, and no matter how minor they are always a little unnerving. Hope your back at it soon!
sjc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #123
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Holey Moly, Paul! So sorry. What is your status??

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #124
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOjmpr View Post
Well, at the surgery center awaiting another surgery on my back. Relatively minor compared to the others. Hopefully after they burn the nerves out from L3-S1 I will be pain free and functional again.

Cross your fingers!!!!! The jeep needs my help
Well, negative on the surgery relieving my pain. I have been doing therapy, water therapy, traction and FSU Spine and Wellness center visits trying to find some relief. Nothing has worked so far. The consensus is that I have scar tissue inside my spinal fusion putting pressure on the nerve root at L3-4. The neurosurgeon says it is not operable so we are trying everything available for pain management.

Keep your fingers crossed.

On the bright side I did manage to put new fender flares on the jeep today and mount the half doors i got. A small victory is better than none.!!!

Unread 09-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #125
sjc115

Sorry to hear about your back.

Putting new stuff on the Jeep is a pretty good way to ease the pain though. Did you ever get your power steering hooked up? I swapped mine over to PS a few months ago, and it was well worth it.
sjc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #126
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc115 View Post

Putting new stuff on the Jeep is a pretty good way to ease the pain though. Did you ever get your power steering hooked up? I swapped mine over to PS a few months ago, and it was well worth it.
I have not gotten to the power steering or anything else for that matter. I did finally get some used tin to use for siding on the shop I built so that will have to get done first.

School is back full time and I travel every weekend for shows to supplement our income while I am in school again full time. It leaves me about 3 hours a day to get anything else done .... if my back lets me.

I'll take local volunteers to come help with the PS and PB set ups

Unread 09-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #127
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc115 View Post

If anyone is near Tallahassee!!!!!!!!

I could really use some local help to make some progress on the jeep. I have had 2 additional surgeries and weeks of therapy that is ongoing to try to help my back.

I'm at a point I can try to get some more work done on the jeep.

I would love to have someone who can help me with my power steering and power brake upgrades.

I have all of the components (minus adapters for the brake lines) and just need someone who can help me get er done.

I'm mechanical but not a mechanic so help would be nice to save time and maybe money too

Please message me if you are available!!!

Thanks!

Paul

Unread 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #128
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Paul, We would be glad to help, but it will take some planning. How are you feeling, Bud?

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 10-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #129
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
Paul, We would be glad to help, but it will take some planning. How are you feeling, Bud?
Hey Man,

I am feeling tired at the moment ... 3 am and I can't sleep because of back pain. It's too late to take anything to sleep because I have to get up soon. I had another Doctor refer me to a specialized Physical Therapy for some relief ... but they don't have a contract with my provider and they are the only ones that do it. I'll keep plugging through.

The planning is the tough part since every weekend the wife and I work at the shows we do. I know you would help and even the thought I greatly appreciate. Give me a call for when you have some free time, I have classes M-F but I"m usually home by 2:30 at the latest.

I hope the family is doing well .... do I need to bring my zero turn down there for you to mow? I will if you just say the word! Heck, I'll even sharpen the blades for you before i bring it

Unread 10-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #130
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOjmpr View Post
Hey Man,

I am feeling tired at the moment ... 3 am and I can't sleep because of back pain. It's too late to take anything to sleep because I have to get up soon. I had another Doctor refer me to a specialized Physical Therapy for some relief ... but they don't have a contract with my provider and they are the only ones that do it. I'll keep plugging through.

The planning is the tough part since every weekend the wife and I work at the shows we do. I know you would help and even the thought I greatly appreciate. Give me a call for when you have some free time, I have classes M-F but I"m usually home by 2:30 at the latest.

I hope the family is doing well .... do I need to bring my zero turn down there for you to mow? I will if you just say the word! Heck, I'll even sharpen the blades for you before i bring it
LOL! Hey Bud. My ZTR is STILL in the shop. Grass is still rank, but "Hey", my yard is now reseeded! We have a matted-down trail from house to shop and clothesline.

Are you going to be coming over this way for any events in the future?

Prayers for your back, Paul. I think I have a pretty good understanding about it.

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #131
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Update again .... Physical therapy not approved(Thanks Obamacare), Chiropractor = Fail. I had another surgery/procedure yesterday that was only supposed to take 15 minutes ... it took over an hour. I am a little sore today but not as bad as I thought I would be. I am going to Jacksonville and Daytona tomorrow to try to collect some more parts for the Jeep when I do feel better. If all works out I will have a 360 for it!!!!

I should know in a a week or so if this will help to recede or eliminate some of the scar tissue. The fusion in my lower spine appears to be very solid and my C6-C7 replacement is functioning flawlessly.

I guess it's kinda like they gusseted my spine and welded the tubes for me

Now I've got Spine Bling!
spine-bling.jpg  

Unread 11-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #132
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

positive note!!! Out and about today and feeling pretty good. A bunch of jeep parts followed me home including an AMC V8!!! Tranny and xfer look like a T15 and Dana 20..... can anyone confirm from this one cruddy pic? It was dark when I got home but I will post better pics tomorrow.
image.jpg

Unread 11-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #133
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

You went and did this by yourself????? DUDE! Take it easy...

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #134
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
You went and did this by yourself????? DUDE! Take it easy...
I did call you I am hard headed and obstinate though.

It turned out to be worth the trip. You guys have any immediate needs for the jeeps to be on the road?

Unread 11-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #135
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Clay's is doing great. Mine needs a tranny and rear end rebuild. I pulled the tcase yesterday.

I sort of thought, although you didn't say, that you were going to wait until NEXT weekend to go get it??

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.