82 CJ7 Project: "Rustful Dead!" - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 82 CJ7 Project: "Rustful Dead!"

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #91
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Some more pics from my TN trip. It rained every day I was there, still a good time. I finally got an OEM windshield frame without rust, and another windshield to boot. I have an extra windshield for sale now

There are a couple of Dad's Fords, a nice flat head and some chicks we met on the golf course.

image-2708004025.jpg   image-171617407.jpg   image-4047791003.jpg   image-354969734.jpg   image-3234812544.jpg  

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #92
Davis77Cj
1977 CJ7 

sweet! can you tell me more about the last car pictured?
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #93
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis77Cj View Post
sweet! can you tell me more about the last car pictured?
It is a run of the mill Mercury Cougar. It is actually a kit you can get to modify a cougar or thunderbird to the 49 Ford coupe rod. It gives it a chop top look but modern conveniences and suspension for riding. It was his first kit build and they did a good job. He is still tinkering with it. He is working on a Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 right now. I think it's a 68 or 69. Wish I was closer to home to get the crew to help on the jeep

Unread 05-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #94
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

My brother had a '63 Alfa Romeo Julietta. It was pretty neat, but Alfa was a problem car. ALWAYS problems with it.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #95
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
My brother had a '63 Alfa Romeo Julietta. It was pretty neat, but Alfa was a problem car. ALWAYS problems with it.
It isn't going to be a full restore any way. I am trying to talk him into a Toyota, Nissan or even Ford 4 cyl in it. It would be fun to drive and reliable. He is leaning towards finding a older ford 4 cyl with no computer for it.

Unread 05-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #96
Davis77Cj
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOjmpr View Post
It is a run of the mill Mercury Cougar. It is actually a kit you can get to modify a cougar or thunderbird to the 49 Ford coupe rod. It gives it a chop top look but modern conveniences and suspension for riding. It was his first kit build and they did a good job. He is still tinkering with it. He is working on a Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 right now. I think it's a 68 or 69. Wish I was closer to home to get the crew to help on the jeep
That is an awesome set up! man I love it when people take cars and make them thier own
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #97
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

I finally got to work on the Jeep today. My back has been horrific but nothing I can do but take meds and drive on until my next neuro appointment. Other doc said this time there may not even be a surgical option .... what does he know anyway.

I got all of the manifold unneeded holes plugged, the EGR tube plugs we made installed, and the plugged up egr installed. I was in the middle of installing the Weber when my instructions conveniently blew into an open oil drain pan I have not taken to the recycle bin yet I was still able to read most of it and kept after it. I got the Weber on, double checked every thing, primed it and cranked it. NOTHING. Tried a couple more times and was all stressed out because I had also "cleaned up" all of my wiring mess too. Decided to start with making sure I had spark and when I got around to the other side some knucklehead had undone the coil wires to make it easier to loom everything up and didn't put them back on DOH!

Well, I put the coil wires on and went back and it fired almost immediately ..... ran pretty well. I tried and tried to adjust it but couldn't quite get it just right. It seemed to idle a bit higher than it should with a little miss that made me think vacuum leak. After checking everything I could I finally thought to check the charcoal canister that had been disconnected (I had just reconnected and run new lines for everything with the carb install) ..... YEP, it is bad I am going to O'Reilly's to order a new one tomorrow. I just plugged that one for now. In the mean time I was able to get the idle down and nice and smooth and it accelerates very well. There is one spot towards the top end if you go WOT it hesitates but not the way I drive anyway. I am super happy with the results!

Power Steering, Power Brakes and setting up my half hard doors with TJ soft uppers are the next projects up on the list.
weber-installed.jpg  

Unread 05-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #98
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Jeep getting some new shoes today!!! Pics later if I can find new rear center caps.

Unread 05-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #99
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

New shoes and I decided to stay with the 15" wheels. I just think CJs look better with em. I put some new Rancho shocks on while I was at it. Gotta run to the exhaust guy tomorrow because the larger shock tube outs it too close to the new exhaust. Test ride was nice with new shocks and tires. Now to throw the old set on CL and try to recoup some of my money
image.jpg  

Unread 05-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #100
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
New shoes and I decided to stay with the 15" wheels. I just think CJs look better with em. I put some new Rancho shocks on while I was at it. Gotta run to the exhaust guy tomorrow because the larger shock tube outs it too close to the new exhaust. Test ride was nice with new shocks and tires. Now to throw the old set on CL and try to recoup some of my money
Not too shabby Bro!! I like 15s also...

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #101
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Got the new carbon canister in. Put a new coolant overflow tank. Moved the vac trigger from the carb plate down to manifold for the canister. After all of that I set the timing to 8 degrees. Then I went step by step to retune the weber.

It really smoothed out and would idle about as low as I want to make it. No tach so I set it by ear but it is running sweet. The stumble when you go WOT while driving is gone. It pulls hard all the way through. It was even pulling in 5th up inclines. I didn't know CJs could do that . Speedo doesn't work so I will throw the GPS in it when I get back home and see what my hwy cruising speed is.

Amazing how things go when you follow instructions.

Unread 05-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #102
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Just got back from a quick ride with the GPS. Runs 67-70 easily in 5th and pulled from 67-72 on a slight incline. I wouldn't want to go any faster until I get the steering play out(bad steering box).

Time to start packing for the McDonough,Ga show this weekend! C ya!

Unread 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #103
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Just got back from a quick ride with the GPS. Runs 67-70 easily in 5th and pulled from 67-72 on a slight incline. I wouldn't want to go any faster until I get the steering play out(bad steering box).

Time to start packing for the McDonough,Ga show this weekend! C ya!
McDonough! My brother lives in Stockbridge.

Congrats on the success, Paul. Atta Boy!

Unread 05-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #104
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

Wonderfully, we drove to McDonough last night. Rain all morning. We lose hotel, gas, meals and show fee. Almost back home

Unread 05-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #105
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Dang... sorry, Dude. What kind of show was it?

Tags
carter carb , cj7 , msd , nutter bypass , team rush

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.