81 CJ7 Fixed Vent Window Seals - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 81 CJ7 Fixed Vent Window Seals

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
WRSisk

81 CJ7 Fixed Vent Window Seals

The seal around the fixed vent window on the driver's side tore off in several pieces along the vertical metal window divider when I was taking everything apart. I used WD40 all over everything and it just would not come out. The passenger side ain't in great shape either......Dry rot!

I called JC Whitney a while back and they told me that the seals that they have were for the fixed vent windows. When I opened the package, of course they're not!!

I was just wondering what everybody out there uses for these seals when they rebuild their doors. It sure looks like nobody makes these anymore. Does anybody have any good used ones available? Or do I have to modify my doors to make them moveable vents?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

WRSisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
illinicj
1979 CJ7 

I just went through this, searched all over, emailed different online shops... Nothing. Please post back here if you find a new source b/c mine are not in good shape.
illinicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
WRSisk

Bump......C'mon, there's gotta be somebody that has some ideas on this.

There's always some good ideas on here.

Somebody must've pulled a McGyver and rigged some seals up out of bubblegum or something.
WRSisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
CaptKirk

Try this website - Rustrepair Panels, Auto Body Parts, Body Panel, Quarter Panels, Rocker, Door Skins, Floor Pans. I am under the impression that these guys have the fixed seals.
CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
Lordwrench
1978 CJ7 

Thats sweet,I have been looking for a place to buy a kit for the whole door.I need to restore both of mine,the window rattling in the channels is driving me nutts.Thanks for the link
Lordwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.