81 CJ 304 ignition coil connector - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 81 CJ 304 ignition coil connector

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
Cwill03a
1983 CJ7 

81 CJ 304 ignition coil connector

I'm finishing my rebuild, and it's almost time to fire up th engine. My problem is that my Centech wiring harness instructions show a coil connector, but I'm curious if this is necessary for an 81. First of all, I don't know much about ignition systems. I can't find the coil connector on rockauto.com, or any of the local parts houses for my year model. The coil that I bought (for an 81) has two unthreaded posts like the connector would fit on, but I'm wondering if I got the right one. I found the connector for earlier year models and its only $4. Should I buy a different coil (with threaded posts), or order the coil connector? Is there any difference?

Cwill03a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
paveland
1986 CJ7 

I've had both, as long as your connections are tight I doubt it matters. Besides if you plan on doing an HEI or going to the Motorcraft coil that mounts on the fender you won't need it anyways.
paveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Cwill03a
1983 CJ7 

I was leaning more towards the threaded coil. Thanks for the reply.
Cwill03a is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.