79 jeep dj-5g - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 79 jeep dj-5g

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
pilecenturyfarm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

79 jeep dj-5g

Hey guys. Been out of a jeep for about two years. Finally picked up up an old 79 dj. It's pretty rough. Was a farm jeep so they cut the top off. Got it running pretty good. It was pink when we picked it up. Got it flat back as of yesterday. Will post some new pics up as soon as I get home.

image-147517770.jpg

pilecenturyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
pilecenturyfarm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A few updates. Got it painted rattle can black to tone down the pink. Got the engine running smooth. Replaced plugs and cleaned the fuel lines. Timing belt had jumped time so I got all that fixed and replaced the timing belt and accessory belt. Jeep didn't have a title and plate was gone off the firewall. Spent this morning scraping 5 layers of old paint off the dash decal and some acetone and a toothbrush later I found the serial number to get a replacement title so ill be ready to go. Will he some more pics up soon. We just had our little girl born two days ago and just brought her home so working on the jeep will be a little slower now.
image-3016693660.jpg

pilecenturyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.