79 jeep CJ7 258 I6 throttle cable hookup - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 79 jeep CJ7 258 I6 throttle cable hookup

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
alisa65
1979 CJ7 

79 jeep CJ7 258 I6 throttle cable hookup

I am not sure of the location of the throttle cable return spring on our CJ (1 barrel carb). We have a YJ body on a CJ7 frame and everything else is CJ. We attached the throttle cable which seems a bit loose and we can't figure out where to hook the spring. I have a pic for you. Right now, we have the spring temporarily hooked to a zip strap to see how the throttle feels. It feels fine but we still have some play in the cable. Do I need to change out the cable due to using the YJ? I shouldn't have to but iit just doesn't seem right. If anyone has a pic to follow, I would appreciate it.

img_0266.jpg  
alisa65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.