Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

79 hardtop doors

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Jeeper44mag 
#1 ·
First post on the Jeep Forum!! :grin2:

I just got a 79 CJ7 with a hardtop, the doors I got with it are soft doors and in pitiful condition. What I can't seem to find in web searches are a decent set of doors for my rig. I'd really like to have hard doors, but it isn't a necessity. All of what I've found on the market for soft doors list the compatibility only with soft tops, though I'm a little skeptical about that claim. The other option I'd consider is hard half doors with soft uppers, but you can't find just the soft upper doors. Trying not to spend a ton of money, but I will need doors when hunting season rolls around this winter.

Anybody got some suggestions?

#4 ·
I have a pair of upper soft doors I want to sell. They are Black and in very nice condition.

what I did for my 79 was I purchased the Bestop Element doors with the Enclosure kit. In the summer I just take the enclosures off and have safari doors.

If you are interested send me a PM.

#3 ·
What is your question? Are you asking if the soft doors or the 1/2 doors will work with the hard top? Are you asking if someone has a set of doors they want to sell? If the latter then this belongs in the classified section. I would suggest you do an Internet search for soft doors or 1/2 doors with a hard top as opposed to using the search feature here. Then read through the topics listed under Jeep Forum in the results. I have seen this topic brought up many times

Oh. Welcome the forum. There is a lot of knowledgeable people in here to help with whatever problems you run into. Good luck in your door search.

#6 ·
Thanks!

As stated, I did an web search for the doors. The options out there are to buy replacement soft doors complete and then add on the lower hard doors...all in all about $1000. I'm looking for other options. You can't just buy the lower hard door and upper soft door. Full hard doors for my Jeep seem to be non-existent.

#10 ·
Sweet!! Still $1000 all in, guess I'll just have to condition my brain to the budget!!

That was a fair price as long as they're not rusted. You will love having the hard doors when it's wickedly cold outside.

Luis
Wickedly cold? I live in AZ, that's a matter of perspective!! (I work in Alaska and North Dakota, cold is where ya find it!) :D

#12 ·
Get on Facebook and look for regional/ local to you Jeep pages. Saw a pair here a couple days ago for $150, but had plexiglass windows. Still, for a hunting Jeep they would seal up.

No soft doors will seal worth a crap with a hardtop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.