79 CJ7 - soft door install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 79 CJ7 - soft door install

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Frankandsteph
1979 CJ7 

79 CJ7 - soft door install

So I got some new soft doors, but the door latch does not match to the frame, not even close. Anyone have any latch pictures to show me what I can do?
- frank

Frankandsteph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

I bet if you took pictures of what you've got, we could help you easier
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Frankandsteph
1979 CJ7 

Ok, so the latch that sits on the body needs to be extended ut maybe an inch or so. i could use washers, but it would look ugly. Anyone else have this issue?
photo-2.jpg   photo.jpg  
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
JustDandee
1983 CJ7 

On mine the PO had nuts spacing out the bracket about a 1/2 inch or so. However this was just on one side the other was flush. If they are bestop door you might find the distance by bending the door wire where it slides into the hinge? just a thought.
JustDandee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:01 AM   #5
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Can you loosen the door latch assembly and move it further out towards the catch that mounts to the body? I had to adjust mine slightly, though I have the newer latch style on m y 86.
Unread 11-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
Frankandsteph
1979 CJ7 

Jeeprage has saved my day....the darn handle moves about 1" inside it sitting area....It fits perfectly!

Thanks
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankandsteph View Post
Jeeprage has saved my day....the darn handle moves about 1" inside it sitting area....It fits perfectly!

Thanks
That JeepRage is brilliant.

It was about time I gave back to others! It is hard to compete with all the Jeep gurus on here, though I did learn more than I could have imagined rebuilding mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.