I had to use a little electrical tape wrapped around the end of the cheap plastic alignment tool that came with my clutch set.
It tightened it up and I was able to get the trans to slide in.
The engine was hanging from a hoist as the mounts were not welded in yet PITB!
WOO HOO, finally got it in!!! My problem was I put the bell housing on the engine first.... Why? Because I didn't think I would be able to get the bolts in. After I put the bell housing on the tranny and then tried to install it and it went right in. Just had to use all my extensions to reach the bell housing bolts. All is good now.
I will install the b'housing to the eng and leave all the bolts about 1/2-1 turn loose. Then the tranny goes in(I hope)and leave the tranny bolts loose also. Then tighten up the b'housing bolts and then the tranny's.
Yeah, I spent about two hours getting my T150 in the other day. The "headless" long bolts to help align things was useful. More useful still was buying a cheap tranny jack from HF for $82. That made all the difference in the world. Then, some pushing and shoving (and some bad language) and it just slide right in when I was expecting to spend a few more hours.