79 CJ5 build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 79 CJ5 build

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
kponytail
1979 CJ5 

79 CJ5 build

Since I am a newbie on here, thought I should post some pics of the build for input or constructive criticism, this is my first jeep and im ready for it to be done allready. I purchased it 2 months ago and hope to have it done by May if I dont go broke first.

1979 CJ5 restoration pictures by kponytail - Photobucket

kponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kponytail View Post
Since I am a newbie on here, thought I should post some pics of the build for input or constructive criticism, this is my first jeep and im ready for it to be done allready. I purchased it 2 months ago and hope to have it done by May if I dont go broke first.

1979 CJ5 restoration pictures by kponytail - Photobucket
Well... you're ahead of me already. Keep up the good work!

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
SonicR1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I bought mine in February, planned to be done by may, but had a frustrating body day today--novice welder... started considering a fiberglass tub......... maybe tomorrow will be better...

Good luck, yours looks good!!!!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sonics-05-tj-build-1168663/#post10985489"][COLOR="yellow"]The TJ[/COLOR][/URL]
2005 Wrangler X 4.0/6 speed, Dana 30/Ford 8.8--4.88--Eaton E-Lockers, 35" MT/R, Smittybilt bumpers/rockers/winch, SonicFab tire carrier, RE 3.5 springs, Zone 1.25 BL, FullTraction 3 link upper rear, RE super flex lower rears, UCF ultra high skid and lo/pro mount, brown dog mml.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sonics-74-cj5-build-1106795/"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]1974 CJ5 BUILD THREAD[/COLOR][/URL]
SonicR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 04:50 AM   #4
kponytail
1979 CJ5 

sonicr1 when you did your frame what did you use to prep & paint, I am also wire wheeling mine at this time and will be ready to paint it this weekend, yours is looking good, I am so glad I am done with the welding thing, I ordered the replacement panels and none of them even came close to fitting, I ended up fabing my own, what a headache.
kponytail is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.