78 CJ7 4.2 l- in line 6 Carburetor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 78 CJ7 4.2 l- in line 6 Carburetor

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
danoh

78 CJ7 4.2 l- in line 6 Carburetor

I'm in the process of installing a typical single barrel Carter up and I'm just trying to make sure how to hook up my return back to the tank. Does the return come off of the Carb?, or does it start at the return on the filter, straight back to the tank?

danoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

Normally, you use the filter with the 3 ports. 1 "in", 1 "out" and 1 "bypass". The bypass line needs to be oriented higher then the "out" line, otherwise you will have fuel pressure issues.

The alternative looks like this:

My looked like this originally, but switched to a 3-prong filter instead.
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
danoh

I see! now the line to the inside is the return I take it? is that line t'd into the return on the 3 port filter?
danoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
hp_lovecraft
1981 CJ5 

No, I believe you do one option, or the other. Use the return on the YF, and use a 2-port filter, or plug the return on the YF, and use a 3-port filter for the return.
hp_lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.