78 CJ Vin Decode - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 78 CJ Vin Decode

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
C_harper

78 CJ Vin Decode

Man am I glad I found this place. I hope someone on here may be able to help me. I have spent the last 10 years restoring my 78 CJ7 and now that I am finished I am wondering if there is a way to tell if it was a Renegade or maybe even a Golden Eagle. I have went throught the Vin decoded but it doesn't really tell anything other than the stuff I already knew. Any help would be appreciated.

C_harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Find the Search Link. Click on that and then click on Advanced Search. Be sure to highlight the CJ Technical Forum. There are a whole bunch of threads that have "VIN or Decode" in them. Here is one that may help you...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/hi...p-mine-536180/

Good luck and Welcome to the Forum.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

I have yet to find anything that can specifically say what sort of trim package older Jeeps came with based off the VIN. Pretty much unless you've got some substaintial hood and body decals that are faded appropriately or and original window sticker its a lot of guess and check. I don't know about the Renegades very much but most Golden Eagle CJ7s seem to have come with the 304 V8, the TH400 Automatic Transmission, and Quadratrac. Does yours have any of those options?
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
dave73
1978 CJ5 

unfortunarely you will not be able to find out if it was a renegade or a golden eagle. At that point in time you could order any jeep with any available options, there is no specification in the vin codes. I researched this at one point myself.
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.