Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

77cj7 water leaks

581 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  John Strenk 
#1 ·
77 cj7 with hardtop. i have been tracking down water leaks. there are 2 main leaks down the lower corners of the windshield rubber seal on both the left drivers side and passengers side.

that water then dribbles down to the floor panel.

i had an old windshield seal and it leaked at same place, and i had to replace my windshield with new gasket and it still leaks at same place.

it seems that the water is coming from inside the gasket seal where windshield glass is.

does anyone else have this problem?

#4 ·
when i sit in drivers seat, i can see a trail of water going from bottom of windshield gasket at lower right corner. it then trickles down dashboard plate above parking brake release lever and then to floor. it is same thing on passenger side.

i can see wetness between windshield glass and seal at this corner.

i assume water is getting in seal where glass sits and overfills at bottom and then spills over.

i tried weatherproofing the glass to gasket on outside, but i guess i was not successful.

i assume some clear silicone needs to be applied between glass and gasket on outside to make it weather proof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.