77 CJ5 Build? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 77 CJ5 Build?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
nb77cj

77 CJ5 Build?

Hey all!!

New to the forum...

So my father in law had found and told me about this 77 CJ he knew was for sale. It came as a rolling tub and required reassembly. The Jeep was in great condition body wise, pretty much zero rust on the body or the frame. So I went and looked at the Jeep and decided to purchase it as I have always wanted one. We then towed the Jeep to my father in laws house to commence the work.

I remember as a kid always "helping" my father work on his 1954 Chevy Bel Air, he passed away when I was 12. So to get the opportunity to build this Jeep with my father in law has made this project that much greater to me.

So the day we brought her home....

So began the fun....

The engine in the 77 we were unsure of in terms of condition and runability, so my father in law had a spare 258 out of an 81 that we knew ran great. We decided to use it.

We replaced the head gasket, valve seals, oil pan gasket, new oil pan, new water pump, fuel pump. I decided before putting the engine back in I should spruce up the engine bay...

Before

After

As well decided to paint the engine and head.

Before

After

So its finally time to put the engine in!

Installed a Clifford Racing Intake, Clifford Racing Header, as well as a MotorCraft 2100 Series 2 Barrel Carb.

She runs great!!!

Only added items since installing the engine have been a BestTop Top, 33" Firestone Destination A/T's. Have replaced the rear pinion seal as it was leaking and rebuilt the carb as the accelerator pump stopped working.

Future Plans include YJ spring conversion, Full Back Seats, Center Console, etc.

Will add pics of the jeep how it sits now as well as the dash as soon as I can.

This has been an extremely fun to project with my father in law and the best part is that its only beginning and there always be more to do! Not to mention working on the jeep means

Last edited by nb77cj; 11-19-2013 at 07:11 PM..
nb77cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
CjHouch

1976 CJ5 

Nice looking Jeep.
Unread 11-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

looks great! glad you're having so much fun with your fil doing the build. keep the pics coming.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.