Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

76' cj7 throttle linkage problem

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  John Strenk 
#1 ·
I just took off my original 1 barrel carb and replaced the manifold and put a new weber carb on. My problem now is that on the weber carb the throttle linkage uses a bar and on my the throtle linkage is just one cable. Could some one with a weber please take a pic of the linkage from the pedal to the carb so i can get an idea of what i have to fabricate so i can drive it again.

Thanks Erik:wave:

#3 ·
BigTexx said:
All I can see is:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /photos1850/1/58/27/14/38/4/438142758106_0_ALB.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at upsa-im113.ofoto.com Port 80
outdoors76 said:
I just took off my original 1 barrel carb and replaced the manifold and put a new weber carb on. My problem now is that on the weber carb the throttle linkage uses a bar and on my the throtle linkage is just one cable. Could some one with a weber please take a pic of the linkage from the pedal to the carb so i can get an idea of what i have to fabricate so i can drive it again.
Thanks Erik:wave:
So you replaced it with a 2 bbl carb manifold? Good move. What Year manifold did you use?? I think you just need a standard 2 bbl throttle linkage.

Something like this off an 84 CJ with seperate intake and exhaust manifolds:

But without the cable. That was an emergency fix. :) It's supost to be a bar connectincting the two parts but it fell off. Se next picture,

Or a simpler one off a 79 CJ with joined intake and exhaust manifolds.

See how easily they fall off? This one is partialy gone also. :)

#4 ·
Thanks for the pics i have none of that just the cable when i bought the jeep the cable was tied to the frame with a piece of speaker wire scary thought huh, good thing i caught it and didnt drive it home. But now i see what i am going to have to make and it does not look like it is going to be any problem at all.

Much appreciated:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Hate to keep bothering everybody but one more question about the throttle cable. I am going to replace the throttle cable on the jeep now i have looked up a 76' cable and a 84' cable and both of them are different lengths i have a 84' intake on the jeep and found a throttle linkage assembly on ebay for not sure what year but it is not for the 76' which cable should i purchase do you want the cable to be tight or do you want it to sag a little. There is a major difference in cable lengths the 76' measures 30.375" and the 84' measures 21.875".

Thanks in advance again.:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.