74 Cj5 Fuel System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 74 Cj5 Fuel System

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-02-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
BEERKAN
1974 CJ5 

74 Cj5 Fuel System

Looking For Any Photos Or Images Of How Fuel Tank Is Mounted In And Were Straps Are Supposed To Be. Rear Tank In Between Frame Rails. Thanks For Any Help Please!

BEERKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

I don't recall mine having straps. Bolts into the sides of the frame and crossmember, IIRC. I don't have the jeep with me right now to check for sure, but here are some pics. It's a 1970 15gal, frame and tank should be the same or at least very similar to your '74:

Unread 01-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
turnabout
1974 CJ5 

jayhawkclint's photo shows the three mounting points for the tank. Note the drop bracket in the front center of photo two. In the rear there are two similar brackets on either side (photo three shows the top of one of them). As for the skid plate, it attaches in multiple places. If you have your rig stripped down to the frame, you should be able to figure our where they attach. If you don't, good luck!
Unread 01-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
BEERKAN
1974 CJ5 

I Have The Front Center Bracket, Both Rears But Not Welded On To Rear Crossmember Of Frame Yet. Had To Make New One, Other Was Half Rusted Off. Does Tank Mount To These Brackets Or Is There Straps Supposed To Be In There? Then The Skid Plate Bolted Up? This Hole System Was Missing When I Bought Jeep! No Skid Plate, Tank, Only Line To Engine! If Tank Has No Straps Then It Must Be Bolted Thru Flange To These Brackets And Thanks For Pics There Perfect, Excatly The Same As My 74 Frame!!! BOTH REPLIES HELPFUL THANKS.................
BEERKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
turnabout
1974 CJ5 

Three bolts through flange of tank for the mount -- no straps. Skid plate mounted separate. I have two of the brackets for the rear if you need them. I will send pics of the flange and rear brackets mounted on the tank in the AM. I no longer have the frame, but should give you a good idea of how it was mounted. No welds, all bolts.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.