73 CJ5 Wiper Woes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 73 CJ5 Wiper Woes

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
fishtriple

73 CJ5 Wiper Woes

I recently bought a 73 CJ5 only to find (among other little things) that it doesn't have windshield wipers, linkage or wiper motor(who looks for wipers when buying a vehicle, anyway?). My problem is that it has been repainted and at first glance it appears that someone filled the wiper arm holes and the mounting holes for the motor. The access holes inside the windshield are still there and looking into the windshield frame it appears there may have never been wipers there (still the original "army green" color vs. the current red).

Was there only one mounting location for the motor on this year/model? Was the linkage set up similar (i.e. two wipers-one connecting link)? I am also wondering if the windshield is a replacement from another year or a repop. Is there any good way to tell?

If anyone can post or point me to some pics of the correct setup I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for helping out a Jeep newbie!! This is a neat site and I look forward to spending a lot of time here in the future

Thanks again,

Fish

fishtriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 06:53 AM   #2
meich75

Just give the passenger a towel or a squeegee and hope their arm doesnt get tired.
meich75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 10:09 AM   #3
lynn
2005 LJ Wrangler 

a '73 should have the wiper motor on the driver's side, on the outside of the windshield. One motor, with linkage to drive both wipers.

You can get pics and other info by asking in the Intermediates forum (for '72 to '75 CJs)at www.earlycj5.com
click on the forums link, then register.
See you there...

EarlyCJ5.net Forums
lynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.