72 Cj5 SBC swap - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 72 Cj5 SBC swap

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 09-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

are you going to be able to fit all that under the hood, isnt the 72 a short hood. i have seen people use the postal grill to move the raditor forward

brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #17
dman1049

So a lot of you do nv4500s what is all is needed to put that behind a sbc
dman1049 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:05 AM   #18
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1049 View Post
So a lot of you do nv4500s what is all is needed to put that behind a sbc
Very difficult in a CJ-5 because length of transmission leaves little room for a drive shaft.
80cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #19
BradWilson101
1975 CJ5 

First off go to Novak and read, read, read. Still have questions? Call them. They got me
Thru my SBC swap along with this and other forums. I can also tell you from experience make sure you read the directions several times and understand them 100% before you start wrenching. It will save you time AND money. Take pictures, lots of them. Before and afters. It's embarrassing to tear something down and then forget how it went together. Write notes, lots of them. Store them in the binder with all of the stuff you print off and the instructions you get. You can always go back to them. I haven't written up our build yet so feel free to call.
75 CJ-5 with 76 glass tub. 350 sbc with Edelbrock 600cfm, SM465, D20, D44 w/ 3:73, D30 w/ 3:73, Novak Hydro Clutch Convo. Turned into a frame off resto so it's still in progress.
BradWilson101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
dman1049

alright sm465 I've found to be a better choice. Now just have to buy parts
dman1049 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #21
CSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
are you going to be able to fit all that under the hood, isnt the 72 a short hood. i have seen people use the postal grill to move the raditor forward
No, a '72 isn't the short hood. That was the first year of the longer front clip and AMC engines in the CJ.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #22
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1049 View Post
alright sm465 I've found to be a better choice. Now just have to buy parts
That thing is super heavy duty. That's probably the last thing on your Jeep that will break.
80cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.