'72 CJ5 lift help (4in) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > '72 CJ5 lift help (4in)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Thumperk15
1992 XJ Cherokee 

'72 CJ5 lift help (4in)

So far I like the 33's on I and the lift it has, but it's rigged by the PO and it's scarey at hwy speeds. It's like a 2 1/2 homeade shackle lift and it sways badly and the fronts are bent inward. I heard don't do a SOA. For not over like $600 shipped on a 4in kit, what kit would be best? I'm a newbe and my wife will be driving this so I don't want it the way it is. This homeade shackle doesn't have bushings in it either so that's some of the sway. I can get the original shackles from the guy also. Got quoted $450 for a RC 2.5 kit but that seemed high.

Thumperk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #2
Camo5

I put a 4wd hardware brand 2.5 in lift on my 79CJ5 and loved it. Coupled with a 1" body lift, I fit 33s with no problem.
Camo5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.