66cj rochester carb kits? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 66cj rochester carb kits?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
barlow
1966 CJ5 

66cj rochester carb kits?

hey all', My 66cj has a Rochester single BBL and there appears to be a leak on the driver side? I have not determined where exactly the problem is, but there is a bit of gas on the manifold. I could not get my rig running tonight and it smelled like gas!!! Any thoughts on how to locate a rebuild kit and/or a diagraham of the carb? Thanks so much!

barlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
72jtruck
1972 FSJ Gladiator 

best bet is to find a chevrolet that had that carb and start looking for parts for that vehicle. Guys at all the parts stores told me they couldnt get a carb kit for my 2 barrel on my cj then i went in and asked for a carb kit for a 67 C10 with a 283 2 barrel and they had it in stock. it wouldnt show a part number for my jeep anywhere i went. Just have to research and find a one barrel chevy of about the same year, then go to the parts store with the info for that vehicle.
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Your V6 has a 2bbl 2GC. Easy to find at any FLAPS. Check the other post for more info.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
72jtruck
1972 FSJ Gladiator 

Did all cj v6 have a 2bbl? i had a 70 commando with a 1bbl carb. didnt know if they ever used it in the cj
Unread 01-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #5
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

I have worked on a ton of 225's over the years and have never seen a factory setup with anything but the small 2GC(not saying that something weird isn't possible). This is also the carb called for in all the manuals that I own. Perhaps it is a 198 or somebody has switched a different manifold on.
If it is a one barrel, it should be a Monojet. THese should be easy to find as well. I would check Chevy six cylinder p'up or auto applications for the same year.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
barlow
1966 CJ5 

My cj has a single BBL and I was able to remove it last night to find some numbers. I hope napa will be able to locate a rebuild kit. Please let me know if there is another retailer to try for ordering the kit? Thanks.
barlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #7
Nickmil

Napa is your best bet for a local parts house. Their kits are better quality and actually come with the right parts vs. many of the other parts houses. I'd suggest a brass float at the same time. There are carb specialty shops that can be helpful as well but don't have the contact info handy. "The Carb Shop" is one that comes to mind.
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

The Haynes CJ manual has nice carb breakdown and rebuild drawings/photos in it.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.