63 willys over heating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 63 willys over heating

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
barnmantoday

63 willys over heating

i have a 63 willys and i have a 350 buick engine in it, ive put in a high flow water pump. A new radiator core, 160 thermastat, New clutch fan, not much room to add anything. Can't fit a bigger radiator. Any help? Thanks

barnmantoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
Renegade_Rick

Humm try a Flow kooler water pump they are the best. Or just swap in a flow kooler impeller disc kit. But you already have a high flow pump so first try a Flex-a-lite mechanical fan the rigid kind. Also Kit's do exist to increase the caspsity of your radiator with a smaller remote raditor. Also check to make sure the coolant is actually flowing evenly over your raditor.
If that dossen't work then you should go for a 3 or 4 core radiator and a electric fan. Hope this info helps a bit.

R

1999, Sport, 4-door, 4L-I6, AW4 auto, np231, 8.25 rear, dana 30 h-p.

BFG T/A KO P235 tires, KC 130w slimline lights, skid-row t-case skid more to come!
Renegade_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
lynn
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Is the fan centered behind the rad? How close is it? Got a shroud? Fan clutch in good shape? (How do you have room for a fan clutch??? Did you cut the "funnel" sheet metal off of the back of the grille??)
What size core are you running? 2-row? 3-row?
You Can fit a bigger radiator, if you use a '72/up grille... but you need to fab a different way to support that style of grille.

You should check out the website and forums in my sig. We focus on mods to old rigs just like yours

EarlyCJ5.net Forums
lynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.