603's Project Jeep - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 603's Project Jeep

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 04-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #91
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck with the build. Your gonna have an awesome Jeep when your done.

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #92
teh603
1963 CJ5 

Minor update now, bigger one tomorrow.

I want to murder whoever it was designed Warn Loc-o-Matics with those wonky setscrew spindle nuts. Just. Freaking. Murder. Like "put on a rubber monster suit and go all Toku on him."

The good news was, I finally got the last of them off so I can either replace them or go wiht drive flanges.

See everyone tomorrow.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #93
teh603
1963 CJ5 

FINALLY got the hubs off. Here's the bare spindle, on the passenger side- that bearing cone is stuck on, so I'll have to get a jaw puller to crank it off and hope the spindle isn't too badly ground underneath it.

Hubs. All rusty. Going to try to find a media blaster guy in Houston and see about getting them cleaned up. While I was at it, I also found a spare brake drum for the rears- I'd hoped it was a 10", but it turned out to be just another 9". Guess that's how things turn out sometimes.

Ross box. Looks to be in pretty good shape. I've decided to work on steering before brakes, since I'll have to take apart the brakes again to get to the steering, and I might as well since I've got the hubs off and have very easy access to the knuckles.

Tie Rods. Not in very good shape, especially considering they were supporting half the Jeep's weight for a couple of minutes last year. Definitely going to have to pull these off and replace them.

Looks like the remains of a hub cap. Not in too bad of shape, I guess, but I plan on getting new.

Final pic of how it looks now.
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #94
OrangeCJ-5
1978 CJ5 

I'm not familiar with those Warn hubs. How about a picture of the set screw nut?
OrangeCJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #95
teh603
1963 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCJ-5 View Post
I'm not familiar with those Warn hubs. How about a picture of the set screw nut?

I don't have a pic of the front, but that's all that remains of these hubs- a broken dial cap, two lockwasher, two setscrew spindle nuts, and a setscrew.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.