51' CJ-3A Build... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 51' CJ-3A Build...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #61
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looking back at when I got the Jeep, I feel slightly embarassed at the pretty much 180 I have done on the build. It turned out to be much more work to save than it was worth to me, and my need for a hardcore wheeler outweighs my need for even a restomod at this point, so I have no regrets with the direction it has gone in... What do you guys think? The fun I am going to have with it will be worth it for me. I still think having a REAL Willys crawler is fantastic too. "real" as in an actual frame and body. I am using many of the stock brackets and stuff over again as well haha

"The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds"-Theo Jansen
Viper723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #62
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I must also emphasize the importance of the budget for me on this build. ever since it was given to me, I thought I would try to keep the theme going. I dont have much extra money as a college student anyways, but I am being purposely frugal on this build (at least until its running) just to see how cheap I can actually make it. As of today I am officially at the 0 dollar mark on the build. The budget breakdown so far is as follows:
  • CJ-$0
  • YJ 2.5 drivetrain-$0
  • Sold willys drivetrain and axles-minus $650
  • Dana 44 HP and ford 9 inch rear end-$225
  • torn up Mastercraft seats-$140
  • Blazer gas tank-$40
  • Junkyard Cherokee steering and pedal parts-$50

random hardware and things like cutting wheels and paint make up the rest haha So from here on out I am officially spending money. I think I have done pretty decent to get to this point.

Unread 09-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #63
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a hi steer arm that I managed to bolt on to the stock D44 knuckle, and I am now building steering parts for the hi steer such as the tie rod and drag link with 3/4 heims and 1 ton steering parts from the junk yard. More pics to come... sorry for the erratic updates the life of a college student is pretty time consuming.

Unread 01-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #64
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought an under dash wiring harness from Ebay for 85 bucks, since I couldn't find one anywhere else in NM! Its gonna be a bit of a wiring nightmare so that is my next big issue. I also snagged 2 18 inch air shocks and a hydro assist kit from a friend for 300 bucks, so I have spent around 4 to 500 on it now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.