51' CJ-3A Build... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 51' CJ-3A Build...

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #61
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looking back at when I got the Jeep, I feel slightly embarassed at the pretty much 180 I have done on the build. It turned out to be much more work to save than it was worth to me, and my need for a hardcore wheeler outweighs my need for even a restomod at this point, so I have no regrets with the direction it has gone in... What do you guys think? The fun I am going to have with it will be worth it for me. I still think having a REAL Willys crawler is fantastic too. "real" as in an actual frame and body. I am using many of the stock brackets and stuff over again as well haha

"The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds"-Theo Jansen
Viper723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #62
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I must also emphasize the importance of the budget for me on this build. ever since it was given to me, I thought I would try to keep the theme going. I dont have much extra money as a college student anyways, but I am being purposely frugal on this build (at least until its running) just to see how cheap I can actually make it. As of today I am officially at the 0 dollar mark on the build. The budget breakdown so far is as follows:
  • CJ-$0
  • YJ 2.5 drivetrain-$0
  • Sold willys drivetrain and axles-minus $650
  • Dana 44 HP and ford 9 inch rear end-$225
  • torn up Mastercraft seats-$140
  • Blazer gas tank-$40
  • Junkyard Cherokee steering and pedal parts-$50

random hardware and things like cutting wheels and paint make up the rest haha So from here on out I am officially spending money. I think I have done pretty decent to get to this point.

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #63
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a hi steer arm that I managed to bolt on to the stock D44 knuckle, and I am now building steering parts for the hi steer such as the tie rod and drag link with 3/4 heims and 1 ton steering parts from the junk yard. More pics to come... sorry for the erratic updates the life of a college student is pretty time consuming.

Unread 01-06-2014, 11:17 PM   #64
Viper723
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought an under dash wiring harness from Ebay for 85 bucks, since I couldn't find one anywhere else in NM! Its gonna be a bit of a wiring nightmare so that is my next big issue. I also snagged 2 18 inch air shocks and a hydro assist kit from a friend for 300 bucks, so I have spent around 4 to 500 on it now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.