4x4 trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4x4 trouble

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
turbonusse2
1984 CJ7 

4x4 trouble

I've noticed that with my t5 tranny and transfer case that I can only get it into 2wd and 4 low. is there some way to adjust the linkage or how would I be able to get 4 high?

turbonusse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
iluvcowjuice
1979 CJ7 

Which transfer case is it?
iluvcowjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

Linkage is not adjustable but I would look under there while someone worked the level to see if anything was binding. There are two rails, one for the front axle and one for the rear. Don't quote me, I could be backwards, but I think for 4lo, both shafts are pushed in the case, pull one spot back for neutral, pull one more spot and only the rear axle rail moves for 2hi, one more spot the font axle rail moves giving you 4hi. Probably some obstruction or wear in the linkage to keep that front axle rail from engaging in high range.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.