4bbl conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > 4bbl conversion

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-17-2004, 11:00 AM   #1
joe johnson

4bbl conversion

right now i have a holley 390cfm 4 barrel on an offy intake; is there a way to keep the offy intake but put on a two barrel carb?

joe johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
Jeepbeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe johnson
right now i have a holley 390cfm 4 barrel on an offy intake; is there a way to keep the offy intake but put on a two barrel carb?
In the past i too wanted to do the same thing,,keep my intake that the 4bb was mounted on.
I visited my local auto store, and they said there was a plate i could purchase . But that was on a chevy...not a jeep.
One call to a few auto stores or even the jeep dealer parts department will give you that fast correct answer you are looking for.
Good luck.
Keep on Jeep'n
Jeepbeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2004, 05:20 PM   #3
plain76cj5

Aftermarket Holleys all mount the same regardless of what vehicle they are on. The 390 you have would be a Holley square bore. Summit has an adapter plate part# SUM-G1406 for $52.00 and Jegs has a Moroso brand part#710-64966 for $55.99. Keep in mind that these are for adapting the Holley 2 Barrel 2300 series carbs. The stock Motorcraft 2 barrel used on AMC V8's will also fit these adapters.
Jeep #1 = 76 CJ5, 304, T18, Twinstick Dana 20, Lock-Right in front, Yukon HD front axles, One piece axles - Detroit Locker in rear, 2.5" Rancho Springs, 1" lift shackles, 32x11.5 Super Swamper TSL/SX, Warn XD9000i, York OBA.
Jeep #2 = 80 CJ7, 401, T18, D300, 3" Black Diamond Lift, TrXus M/T 33x12.5, Yukon 1 piece axles, Auburn posi in rear, Detroit TrueTrac in front, Ramsey 8000.
plain76cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2004, 06:37 PM   #4
amc232

I have the offenhouser with the holley 390 as well. But, having nothing but good experiences with this setup, I question your reason for going to the 2bbl setup. Is it fuel econ.? Note: that the holley is very tunable. Changing the charactoristics of the accelorator pump, the main jets, and the nozzels, one can tune the holley to perform well in various situations. I just recently found the right combination for my setup. The results are great. I would need more info before i would agree on the change.
amc232 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.